“Summer lovin' had me a blast!”

Two Fish Divers Bunaken
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Where to start...?! The following doesn't even touch on how much this place ROCKED!

1. Excellent and knowledgeable dive guides
2. Quality equipment
3. Small dive group sizes with unlimited bottom time
4. Amazing and friendly staff members
5. Family vibe
6. Great food
7. Clean rooms

It was sad to leave but I know I'll be back one day!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Two Fish divers resort is located on the Bunaken Island and everything went perfectly during our stay.
The team in Two Fish is very friendly and very professional. The managers, Patricia and Reynaldo, are very nice people and ensure that every aspects of our stay meet our needs.

The resort on itself is very clean as was our bungalow. It was definitely not a 4* bungalow but the value for money is excellent. The food served in the resort is good also, again it won’t compete with a 4* restaurant, but while being basic it was still excellent.

The dive on Bunaken is very good, we have not seen so many big fishes, but on the reef, especially at the top of it you will find thousands of amazing small things (fishes, crabs, snails…) living into the corals.
The dive equipment is in good state and, during the full length of the stay, you will keep the same one, which is very helpful to avoid searching for a new one every morning. It is also the case for the teams of divers. The teams are created the first day with one guide and up to three divers with matching level and you will stay in this team for your whole week. This helps your guide to know better each member of its team and so try to focus the dives on what “its” divers are interested in.
The top of the reef is usually between 2 and 5 meters below the surface which make most of them accessible to snorkelers. The one just in front of the resort is absolutely incredible. The snorkelers can also accompany the divers on the boat to access the other reefs. We would like to thanks again Rolly, a member of the team, who has accompanied us when we were doing some snorkelling. My partner who don't dive was never alone to snorkel. It was not part of its “official” job to do it, so he really did it as its own choice. And as for our guide during the “classical” dives, he enhanced our snorkelling session by showing us a lot of small fishes that we probably won’t have seen if we were just on our own.
During the week, I passed the Nitrox and Wreck specialties. For the teachings also, the team (thanks Tina and Patricia) was very professional and I felt very safe during all the parts of the training and the related specialties dives.
One last detail, the resort own two or three boats, so if by any chance you’re not interested by the reef where your guide has decided to go, you can ask to join an other boat for the day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The staff were incredibly helpful and the service was wonderful. If I can ever make it back to that part of the world, I will definitely return to Two Fish. The dive guides were extremely knowledgeable about where to find things, and made every dive a delight.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I spent several days diving with Two Fish Divers in Bunaken and found the entire experience to be first rate. They handled my transfers from Manado to Bunaken and arranged for my accommodation. The diving was excellent, the staff was great, the accommodations were very good. During my stay I pass the PADI Tec Deep Diver, a really great experience to have there along those giant wall on the dive site. Staying with Two Fish gives you the impression to have holiday with friends. A very difficult feeling to find. I look forward to going back one day. As a conclusion: The island is really relaxed, the people are great and the diving is unbeatable!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I learnt my dive master course here in 15 days. Instructors are professional and friendly, special like the European management n coaching style. Course quality is high with support crews. Food is relatively delicious, and better with more choice to provide. Cottage is well decorated with hygiene bathroom. Overall, I enjoyed staying here and love the staffs n crews so much.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Two fish divers is a wonderful place run by great people. The service is personal, the food and accommodation are great and the diving is excellent. Rey and Patricia are wonderful people that do everything they can to ensure that your stay will be great. The atmosphere at the resort is great and whenever any divers at the resort had a request for diving locations we were diving there that afternoon or the next day. Several people I met at the resort had been visiting for many years in a row.....a testament to the quality of the service and location. Diving is in small groups to allow you to proceed at your own pace whether it be photography or just covering ground. Overall, I had a wonderful time and cannot wait to return to Two Fish!

Room Tip: reserve early
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2011

On my arriving in Manado airport I was attended by David who brought me to the port from which the boat from Two Fish divers accompanied to Bunaken Island.
I stayed there for 10 days, got the recommendation to come here from a good friend who was here a few years back.
The resort is nicely placed into the surrounding of this Island, is composed by a reception / equipment zone on the left side at the entrance as well as a Bar and a lounge area at the right side.
I stayed in a Bungalow with WC and shower, clean and friendly. The hammock on the veranda was perfect for reading a book or just having a nap.
Food (brakfast, lunch, dinner) was good, the staff friendly and helpfull.
The divesites where not crowded, Two Fish divers leave daily with 2 boats, each diveguide (natives) take care of max. 3 divers per dive. It was amazing what they spotted underwater, they know the divesites like their pockets. I liked the reefs with the drop off walls, the mandarina fish dive in the afternoon and last but not least the night diving ...
A nice place alone as well as together with a Partner definitely worth to pay a visit!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Jonaths Cottage
Jonaths Cottage
#16 of 16 in Bunaken Island
Bunaken Divers - Sea Breeze Dive Resort
Happy Gecko Resort Bunaken (Cicak Senang)
Mamaling Resort Bunaken
Mamaling Resort Bunaken
#2 of 8 in Bunaken Island
Onong Resort
Onong Resort
#3 of 45 in Manado

Been to Two Fish Divers Bunaken? Share your experiences!