All reviews budget room fish great diving dive sites superior cottage lembeh straits wall diving shared bathroom the cottages nice family dive group budget resort open water course coral walls fun dives my advanced open water diving experience
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Two Fish Divers sets itself apart by offering fantastic diving and highly personalized attention for a very reasonable price. I took two courses during my stay in Bunaken - Rescue Diver and Digital Underwater Photographer. The instructor for my Rescue course was excellent and peppered his instruction with cautionary tales gleaned from years of experience and research. And my photography instructor went above and beyond the standard requirements for the course to help me perfect my camera techniques on land and in the water. My 'superior cottage' offered very basic accommodation (cold water shower, fan only) and could have been a little bit cleaner but at the end of a long day of diving and studying, I didn't really mind. Finally, as a solo traveler, I really liked the community atmosphere around the dinner table where the talk is inevitably centered around all things diving related - highlights of the day's diving, recommendations for dive travel, photography tips, and more. Two Fish is a great place to mingle with like-minded divers!

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We went to combined Bunaken+Lembeh trip with my wife who is a diver too. We were absolutely amazed with our stay in Lembeh. Great diving, good food, nice bungalows, great people!
I would give fantastic score to Two Fish Divers for the Lembeh resort!

The stay in Bunaken was a little bit weaker, there was some construction going on in the resort, the food was still good but not as good as in Lembeh, the bungalow was a little less upbeat and without warm water.

Altogether TwoFish Divers offer absolutely great value and allow you to do great diving on two completely diffrerent environments for very reasonable money.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josef L
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Two Fish Divers Bunaken (and Lembeh as well) is a great dive resort. They are run very nicely and they have a lot to offer. If you are looking for a great place to dive that offers great prices and a great team to dive with, it ought to be Two Fish. They are just great at doing everything related to a diving holiday. Friendly, professional and just excellent!

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2011

friends had recommended Two Fish Divers to me, and after some of my own initial research, it certainly seemed like the most affordable and also friendly option for my diving in Bunaken. Nigel was prompt and efficient in responding to my initial email requests for information. The journey to Bunaken ran extremely smoothly- from being met at the airport, driven to the boat and then the actual boat ride to the resort, there were no difficulties. The return journey was also organised efficiently and made the travelling part of the trip to Bunaken very smooth and easy.

It was easy to really feel like I was on holiday at Two Fish. In relation to diving, all of the equipment was set up and organised by the staff and DMs for every dive, leaving nothing to have to think or worry about except just the diving itself, which was extremely enjoyable. The staff made sure that each dive was arranged for different sites every day so that there was an opportunity to dive many of the sites on offer.

The accommodation was basic but functional and for the price, no complaints could be made. My only issue was with the food. As a vegetarian, I was accommodated for with a special plate, but I found the food a little oily and unhealthy. It is typical of Indonesian food to be fried, but after 4 days I was craving some fresh, steamed vegetables, fresh garden salad, nice unsweetend brown bread and fresh fruit and yoghurt- but this is probably just my own preference for light, healthy food more than a fault of the resort's kitchen which really did try and cater for everyone's needs and for a variety of food over the week.

The surrounds at Two Fish are very relaxing- there are hammocks to lie in during dive intervals, a nice beach to walk down and the small township is also close by for a stroll. The bar at night time became quite lively with some guitar playing singalongs with the local guides making for some great, fun evening entertainment. This may sometimes be a bit loud for some guests who are light sleepers, but it was not a problem for me and the evening parties are a memorable part of my trip at Two Fish, as I enjoy the opportunity to relax and meet with other divers over a few beers.

Overall, my diving experience was very positive. I had a really fun and relaxing holiday, I loved the diving, enjoyed the resort and the friendly resort staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and happy. I'd recommend and return to Two Fish again in the future.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2011

You have to go in Bunaken and Lembeh ! With Two Fish, you will have the best trip, for sure ! Good Food, good Dive, good sleep and last but not least, very nice people working for our pleasure ! Thank You to every Dive Master and the family who manage this hotel !!

Date of stay: April 2010