“The place for all divers round the world!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
Living Colours Dive Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bunaken Island
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have been on Bunaken island and at Living colours of Bunaken 3 times during the years 2010- 2012. We have got excellant service - I made my divemaster degree there and got world class teachng as over 50 years old man !.
Even our children have made their owd and aowd - diving courses at Living colours --

Living colours is exellant place for those who have got enought of package tours and want to have something just for themselves , for persons and couple who want just enjoy of diving in the world class waters.
And we are going there for our holiday even in June/July 2013 :)

One older man who is in love with LCB!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Living Colours Dive Resort

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went to Living Colour resort to book a room with 4 other people and we have been told it was full.
We could feel that we were not really welcomed and the person who finally dare talking to us told us before it was full that his resort was the best and the other diver centre (except two fishes) were not recommendable.
How surprised we were the next day when we found out that the hotel was not even half full but maybe they were too lazy to get us in, or scared we eat some of the pigs they were cooking at the time we came on the beach.
I do not recommend to go to this hotel where one of the senior person lies to customer. Which I don't really understand when you are ready to pay 50euros per person for one room.. (the most expensive in Bunaken)

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank popov66
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I live in Indonesia and over the past 20 years have had maybe 15 dive holidays in & around Bunaken Marine Park, including staying at a half-dozen or more places on Bunaken itself. The key criteria are: location, rooms, food, boat design, equipment quality, professional dive staff. Living Colours is the one I'll be returning to.

LC is located on the NE side of the island (not facing Manado). They have a small beach protected by a clean mangrove forest. They are a 15-minute ride from most all dive sites, and the house reef in front is outstanding for snorkeling. The rooms are individual bungalows built up on the hillside -- a bit of a hike, but they capture the breeze. They have well-designed bathrooms with hot-water showers, and the bedrooms have mosquito nets and fans. They have 24-hour electricity (many don't). All meals are included in the room price, and they are the best I've found on the island. The menu is varied & well-cooked, they have a non-fish main every lunch and dinner, and vegetables aren't cooked to death. The beer fridges are cold.

Two of the dive boats are modified traditional local designs, and were very comfortable for 6 divers. There is plenty of room for people and equipment, and self-serve water, tea, coffee, fruit and cookies/biscuits are standard. There is one modern fiberglass dive boat which looked comfortable. Each boat is equiped with three outboard motors, and they were all in excellent working order. Equipment is washed daily and maintenance is regular -- two in my party rented the full equipment package and everything worked exactly as it was supposed to. Boat and dive staff were all excellent, and all were well-equipped including computers. More importantly, it was clear they all liked working there.

Room for improvement? Always :) Like all of Bunaken, they get their share of plastic trash washing up on the beach -- daily pick up would be nice. It would also be nice to have an option for an early morning dive -- boats leave at 0830, which means you're usually not in the water till around 0900.

Overall, excellent quality and very good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank indonesia80571
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved my stay at Living Colours. I travelled there in August 2007 and stayed on my own for two weeks. I did about 16 dives during this time and really improved my experience with some amazing drift diving. The dive guides were top quality and really made sure I was ok at all times and helped me to improve my diving. I felt so much more confident after this holiday.

The accommodation price includes food and water and is laid out for all the guests to share. They were really were great about my specific requirements (I am vegetarian and don't eat nuts). There was always a special dish for just me and more to share. I really enjoyed the fantastic tempeh recipes the cook came up with.

My house was lovely, despite the geckos and insects that shared it with me. The house is open at the top so anything can and does get in, but it didn't worry me too much as there was a mosquito net I placed firmly under my mattress.

I made some lasting friends on this trip, the restaurant is a friendly place where everyone sits together - really good for solo travellers to get to know other people. The house was also great to sit alone in my hammock reading a book.

I would really love to return to Bunaken as the diving was amazing and I have been to many places since. I would definitely return to Living Colours.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank wondercatUk
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My hubby and I are typical city dweller. So if you are one too, then you need to manage your expectations.

The resort is kind of 'hidden' behind some bushes/mangroves. It has a very small beach but basically you only see the mangroves. The bungalows are built on the hill so you need to climb up and down. I reckon it may not be suitable for people who have walking issue. The view of the bungalow that we were staying is fantastic. Once we open the room door, we see the seaview.

Generally, the bedroom and bathroom are clean. As it is in located on an island and the bungalow does not come with aircon, the structure of it is built such that natural air will circulate the room. Behind the bathroom is the forest. So while there is an opening in the bathroom (for ventilation), no one will see you using it. This also means that you will expect 'friends' to join you as well. By 'friends', I mean insects, small creatures etc. that are sizable enough to creep into the room. As I mentioned earlier, my hubby and I are typical city dweller. It kind of freak us out because we saw lots of lizards and spiders etc. I'm especially scare of lizards. So throughout the 3 nights stay, I couldn't sleep well because the room and balcony is filled with lizards.

The staff there are nice, courteous and friendly. I remember our bathroom bulb was fused. I told one of the staff, Michael before we went off for our snorkeling trip. He was very prompt and got someone to fix it. By the time we came back, the issue was settled.

Food is good. So don't worry about going hungry.

We only did snorkeling. Corals and fishes are beautiful. Much better than Krabi (Thailand).

Both of us agree that the snorkeling is good. While my hubby is ok with the stay, I prefer not to come back mainly due to the 'friends'. Otherwise, I don't mind staying Living Colours.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trinity3nity
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were at living colours as a couple and neither of us had a padi licence. I already paid my owd course before trip and it really was worth all the money! What comes to diving sites, i´ve never dived before so it´s hard to compare but as the title says it was the best experience of my life. Water is clear (of course) and you´ll kind of fall in love with the underwater life in there with all it´s fishes, chorals, nudibranches and all the other fishes :D The staff, dive masters and boat crew in living colours are really friendly and they really know what they´re doing so your job is just to lay back and enjoy the ride. This place is really a thing everyone should see and feel at least once in their lives before the choral and fishes are all gone. We decided to come back next summer so yeah! if you´re friend of water, stress free atmosphere and enjoy meeting nice new faces then book your flight and bungalow !! We´re going to miss this place and it´s staff. See you soon !

T&K

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were same but the family room. View is excellent and romantic ;)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saapas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was picked up at from the port at night and was taken straight to LC and woke up in paradise, the views from my immaculately kept accommodation were simply spectacular, the food varied and interesting was always excellently prepared,but lets get to the good stuff i have been diving for 10 years and this is the best place I've been too the vis was infinite and the sea life abundant from the small the the very large! but its the staff really made my trip they created a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere and a very professional one when diving I recommend LC to everyone whatever diving experience you have, but its not all diving the evenings are also fantastic if your lucky the band will play and I believe AL is boasting the coldest beer on the island, just hoping i can one day make the trip out there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
#3 of 45 in Manado
Two Fish Divers Bunaken
Two Fish Divers Bunaken
#5 of 16 in Bunaken Island

Been to Living Colours Dive Resort? Share your experiences!