“Total relaxation in a diver's paradise.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
Living Colours Dive Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bunaken Island
Helsinki, Finland
“Total relaxation in a diver's paradise.”
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I spend 10 days in this supreme diving resort. I was really stressed out when I arrived and of course had really long flight behind but my holiday started immediately when arrived: I really liked the easy going, no stress atmosphere of this destination! All inclusive location, very friendly and professional service, clean & luxurious bungalows and exremely good dive locations! I really appreciate that I don't have to worry about anything; just enjoy sun, diving, good food and all the great people gathered there for diving. Great recommendations for this great hidden gem!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The resort itself is excellent, the rooms lofty and sparkling clean, the beds are really good and are all equipped with mosquito nets. On the porch you can choose if you want to hang out in the hammock or the lounge chair after a day of diving. But then again, you might opt to have a drink or two at the waterfront bar with the other guests.

What really makes a difference between Living Colours and some of the other dive resorts I have visited is the relaxed and friendly atmosphere! After a day here you feel like you’re amongst friends, whether it be the staff or the guests. The restaurant also helps in creating this feeling, great Indonesian food served on the two big tables invite guest to interact and comment on what is todays best dish!

The resort has several dive boats, all well-equipped and staffed. The dive instructors are knowledgably and professional. We participated in a PADI course each and found our instructor Ali to be a great instructor, also Dive Master Heini is a pleasure to dive with.

All in all, great place where we will be certainly back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ysbran
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I just spent "only" 3 days at Living Colours Resort. So what to say? In one sentense "I can't wait to come back" Living Colours is a beautiful and Charming Resort, designed in local Indonesian style, located directly at the Beach of Bunaken Island. It's not to compare with many of the bigger "Luxury" Resorts, but that's what it made so special to me. Living Colours consists of different Wooden Cottages and is mainly established for people who want to go Diving or Snorkeling, so probably not the place for the typical "Family Beach Holidays"

Have one or more great dives in one of the many superb diving spots around the Island and relax or "Chill" afterwards at the Safety Stop Bar for some cold drinks, take a massage or just enjoy the area. Hosted by Jaako and Mia and their very friendly staff, it's very easy to meet new friends. Living Colours is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center. Excellent and friendly Dive Guides show you the best spots for Diving. During just 5 Dives I got to see heaps of Turtles, thousands of coloured fish, even Reef Sharks and Rays.

So if you are looking for some great diving holidays in Bunaken, I can only recommend to stay with Living Colours.

Sascha, Germany

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I was looking for a resort which would have excellent diving locations, possibilities to PADI courses, away from tourism, good athmosphere, good food and accomodation.

I spend 2 weeks at Living Colours. Everything was as I expected and in some parts even exceeding all hopes.

The easy going athmosphere at the resort invites you to relax and have a good time. All facilities are fine and suitable for the purpose.

I definately recommend Living Colours to all who want to enjoy excellent nature and scuba.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Went there over New Year with our 3 teenage children and had a very good time.

The dive operating is well managed and typically we were no more that 5-8 guests per boat. High density of dive guides, often we were just the 5 of us having 2 guides just for our family - particularly a plus as our youngest daughter at some dives had ear problems and couldn't go so deep, but one guide could always stay just with her at 10-12 meters and she would still have some great dives.

Rooms are clean and the service friendly. One point that we increasingly find important to enjoy a resort stay is that the staff are treated fairly by the management/owners. That certainly seems to be the case here and it reflects on the whole experience. Many of them joined the casual New Year party on the beach and our oldest children at 19 and 17 enjoyed staying with them to the early hours. Several other pleasant experiences with several members of the staff.

Rooms are clean, food is very OK and dining takes place mostly at a couple of large dining tables that you'll be sharing with some other guests.

The resort as such is probably only up to a 3 star level having no pool, no spa, no menu dining, etc. If that is what you are looking for, you are better off going somewhere else. However if you are looking for a quality dive resort with a freindly atmosphere, good and clean rooms and a truly friendly staff Living Colours is definately a place to visit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Delicious food, great staff and diving guides. They also have Finnish Sauna! Bungalows are very OK.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Montreal
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I was there last summer in August. Yes I know, I‘m slow to write reviews, but that’s the way I am. As I was saying, I was there with my wife and 15 year old daughter and we had a blast. The owners are great hosts and they made us feel welcomed from the get go. The guides and dive master are so kind and patient. I guess you can tell by the last sentence that we’re not the most experienced divers…
We enjoyed wonderful wall diving, drifting along the currents. Visibility was extraordinary. We just couldn’t get enough.

The surroundings are idyllic on this isolated island. No tourist villages, no touts. Just peace and quiet.

The ambiance around the little bar is quite friendly at night. They even let my daughter plug her ipod in their PA system so she could play some of her music.

As for the food, well, let me put it this way: when we win the lottery and become millionaires, our first trip on our brand new yacht will be to Bunaken in order to kidnap the cook

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Siladen Island
Onong Resort
Onong Resort
#2 of 45 in Manado

Been to Living Colours Dive Resort? Share your experiences!