“Slightly overpriced”
Review of RNS Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murdeshwar
RNS Guest House
Ranked #2 of 8 Murdeshwar B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The unending splashing of waves, the sun and sand, the crowd milling at the beach, the constant whirring of motor boats and the jet skis skimming across the waves – this is what you get to see and hear out of the window of RNS Guest House’s beach-facing rooms.

The room at RNS was a no-frills accommodation and comfortable - perfect for beach bums like us who spent most of the time at the beach. Most importantly, the bathroom was clean to wash away all the sand.

There is no restaurant attached but there is one Naveen hotel right opposite (part of RNS group, I think) serving good South Indian and North Indian cuisine.

One nasty experience that overshadowed everything was that when the bill was presented, we noticed we were billed for an extra bed - something that we had not ordered for. In fact, there was no reason because we were only two people. The manager tried to convince us that we might have ordered and the other person in charge had added it to the bill. No matter what, we didn't pay it. There was definitely something fishy about it. So, please do check your bills thoroughly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RanjN

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Rooms were dirty, and was not worth for the money they charged. It was worth only 500-700 rs for which they charged 1700 per night. No room service, no restaurent, no AC. Overall except for the location, nothing else was good. I felt RNS residency would have been better because we had to go there for lunch and dinner. Service and taste of food was also good there.To my surprise, the bathrooms were kind of clean compared to the rooms. Though placed in a good loaction, the property is not manitained properly.

Room Tip: better to get the corner rooms in the first floor, though it does not have a private balcony, it has...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I spent one night here in February 2014. The location of my room was excellent, I opened my door & looked out onto the Shiva statue which was metres away & on my balcony door I had a view of the ocean.

The Guesthouse/ hotel lies in a really good location, overlooking the ocean, the Shiva statue, the temple, the beaches & the town.

My room was really clean, two single beds & hot water from 06.30 until 08.30 am. Prices are reasonable & I would recommend staying here if you ever visit Murudeshwar.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TooWander
Reviewed October 24, 2013

goods:
A Mountain covered by sea on three sides and the hotel on top of it gives you best views, you feel you wake up on rooftop of a ship.
Otherwise the Guesthouse was not bad, Clean in terms of room quality etc.
I would say it is neither costly nor overpriced considering the location and quality.
but then if this hotel was somewhere else it definitely is overpriced.
There are attached rooms, when you travel in group or with multiple families
Very good views from top floor
Very close from railways station

Bads:
TV was bad
Room service was poor and late
Receptionist wouldnt pick the call. I walked to reception twice to make the order.
This is a man created tourist attraction rather than a temple.
Avoid the beach - may be you can go for a walk , dont get in to the waters since it is too dirty.

Note: There is wave pool and a swimming pool, which we couldnt check since they keep it open from 9 to 5 only. You may want to check that out too.

Room Tip: Corner and top floor rooms are better choice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good things first :
Toilet. It was neat and clean since its renovated recently (though there was no soap tray or toilet tissues).

Really bad
1) The bed sheets are really old and dirty. It’s worse than the one railway provide in AC coaches. I called the room service and asked them to change it. The sheets the boy brought was equally bad. Asked him to bring another set and finally got a little bit better one. I doubt they are using the old sheets from RNS Residency in the RNS Guest house.
Given the rate they are charging, they should provide decent quality.
Bad:
2) TV (still the old type) was not working. Called the reception and I was told that it will be replaced immediately. The boy came, pulled some cabled here and there and finally told he will change it next day. But it was never fixed. Since I didn't go there to watch TV, I didn't followed-up again.
3) The building was not maintained/renovated properly
4) There were stray dogs in the corridor always.
5) Check-in was not smooth. Waited in the reception for 15 min for a boy to carry the luggage. Nobody turned up and we carried the luggage our self.
6) The reception staff were keep on asking me to check out at 12 noon even though the hotel was almost empty for the next day. I checked in at 5 PM and requested for a late check-out then itself. I told them my train is only at 4.30 but they insisted me to check-out within the 1-2 hr grace period. Finally I packed the luggage and kept it outside at 3 PM and waited outside. The manager saw us waiting outside and offered a late check-out, but was of no use since we already packed everything.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms give you a good view (but 60% costly). Ask for 1st floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelAdvisor_AN
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed for a night. We got a Sea-facing room and the view from the balcony is mesmerizing. Especially the view and breeze in late night and early morning is something no one can ever avoid. The rooms are at a good height from the sea, providing a very massive and grand view of the Arabian sea. When we come outside the room, once can see the temple and Lord Shiva Status standing gigantic.

Overall, excellent view, clean bathrooms, worth the cost. We paid Rs.1650 and had extra beds. Four of us stayed in a single room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ended up at this place after exploring RNS golf resort and naveen beach resort. The former was too far off from the main area and was demanding 3300. The latter had a approach road which seemed seedy and the room was small and smelly and price quoted was 3300.

The a/c room was 3300 and the non-a/c with sea facing view was 1650 while the non-sea facing (faces backside of rns residency) one was 1000. The room sizes were all the same. We went for the 1650 option. The receptionist wanted us to pay the entire amount upfront. Our late check-in did not result in a flexible check-out even though the place was empty. A bell-boy helped us with our luggage. First things one would notice are the dirty bedsheets. The bathroom is surprisingly clean. Hot water comes only for couple of hours in the morning. Entry for the rooms and car parking was inside the temple complex. We were able to get a spot close to our room.

With the RNS monopoly and no room actually worth the amount they are asking (bad maintenance) I would recommend RNS residency if one is going for a/c rooms. Else the sea-view room for 1650 is a better deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ixigo1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murdeshwar
RNS Residency
Kinara Stay
Kinara Stay
#2 of 7 in Kumta
Wild Woods Spa and Resort

Been to RNS Guest House? Share your experiences!