“Best Scallops I've ever eaten!!!”
Review of La Maree

La Maree
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Vicenza, Italy
“Best Scallops I've ever eaten!!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by the Count at Chateau de Colombieres--and we liked it so much that we went back a second night! The 3 course 27Euro dinner was fantastic--a choice of seafood, fish, or meat, and the scallops were the best I've ever had (and I'm not really a scallop lover, but when my husband enthused over his bacon-wrapped scallops, I just had to try them!) My oysters were so fresh that I'm sure they were just harvested hours before. The restaurant is right on the harbor of a quaint little town, and I agree with another reviewer that it is probably a "locals" place during the off-season. The staff was friendly, the decor was inviting, and I would have eaten there again if it were possible....next time....The highlight of the dinner was an elderly French couple (not older than 70!) who came over to us and told us how much they appreciated Americans..they thanked us for what "we" had done to liberate their country...It was the highlight of the whole trip...a very "Normandy" experience...

• Visited April 2012

Ghent, Belgium
“The "plateau de fruits de mer" is unbeatable”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Conveniently located between Sainte Marie Eglise and Omaha beach we ( the six of us) gave this place our congratulations for offering the perfect light lunch on a tourist tour.
We asked to start with two two persons platters with oysters , crab, shrimps and so on for the six of us, keeping in reserve the option to order one more if needed. The 60EUR 2 persons platter revealed eventually to be more than enough for three , with a bottle of wine at 18 EUR, I think it will be very difficult to find better .
We went there in the low season , but as it is a bit out of the tourist centers , it is vosited mostly by locals , who obviously now the fresh quality of the seafood on the menu

• Visited March 2012