“Charging for glass of water”
Review of Stationhouse Cafe

Stationhouse Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Moana
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great views of Lake Brunner. Indoor and outdoor seating. Three hour stop over on the trans alpine train. Full Bar. Open at 9am for Breakfast, lunch, dinner and morning and afternoon tea. Great Coffee and Tea. Variety of muffins and scones. Close to some gret walks in Moana
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Dropped into the cafe for lunch, with plans to have dinner at night, which I did the last time camping in Moana, ordered toastie , coffee and a glass of tap water. Was told they did not serve tap water as it was not drinkable and that there was only bottled water at a charge. What was annoying was not only the charge for water, but locals beside me were not asked to pay. There was no proof that it was original bottled water. Checked with locals in the village and found out the tap water was fine. Moana missed out, headed to Greymouth after my toastie and had dinner and a bed there.

3  Thank StewartW574

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

They open at 10:30 and take down the breakfast menu at 11:30 while people are waiting in the queue to order breakfast.
Rude service.
They have muffins but they are not on display, frozen and kept out the back apparently

3  Thank Scott C
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were here for dinner early because the kitchen close early…
We stayed outside with a nice view.
The menu is ok and we had a starter and a main dish each.
The quality was good, the service quick, but the price really expensive for quality.
In this place we pay for the view….

4  Thank KawasakiBiker
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We wanted a light Inexpensive lunch. There is no proper menu so I had a look at the menu boards (3 in deferent places). In the end I asked if they did toasted sandwiches and they said they did, so we chose four basic cheese and onion or pineapple. Husband paid and I later found out they were $9 each. They arrived and were small and unremarkable. A fellow diner said that you could choose up to 4 fillings but we hadn't been told that, and when I said to the staff later that it would have been good to have been told that they rudely told me it was on the board (it said '4 fillings' in smudged chalk - not what the filling options were anyway), my point was that it was clear I hadn't seen it on the menu and she could have pointed it out to us. However they were not interested and carried on saying that I should have asked, and it was cheap compared to Christchurch - 3 staff had something to say about it in a rude manner. In my opinion $51 for 3 drinks and 4 sandwiches made of supermarket bread with a side serving of rudeness is not good value. Avoid if you like good service.

3  Thank 290SD
Reviewed December 27, 2012

After a 90 minute wait with sparse service the meals arrived in poor quality,plain and hard to eat. We left it nearly untouched. The only thing of a high standard was the bill. Avoid this place!

4  Thank Biancaedwige