“A lovely hotel”
Review of Trewythen Hotel

Trewythen Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Llanidloes B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here on business and what a lovely hotel it was. Room was modern, clean and felt upmarket and the bathroom was fitted with a power shower and again was decorated to a high standard. Staff were very helpful and breakfast good as well.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Trewythen Hotel

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed for two nights whilst competing the Hafren Rally. Very clean and comfortable, BIG breakfast, great host, reasonably priced and as a bonus a secure cctv compound for the motor cycles and trailer at no extra cost. Highly recommended! Will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Andy896
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Extremely clean in fact spotless. Airy room and very quiet. Right in the middle of town which is a great location within this quaint little town. Gorgeous breakfast in the morning with copious amounts of coffee. Would highly recommend to families/ couples and singles.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank llinwyn
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed overnight. First of all, this isn't really a hotel more of a luxury b&b.
It is situated in the middle of town. I arrived mid week and in and outside of the hotel it was nice and quiet.
My double bedded room was large, and spotless. Very comfortable bed, nice sized television. The bathroom and shower were immaculate. It had been a hot day so I was very thankful of the large fan provided in the room. Everything worked as it should of.
Behind the hotel were some parking places specifically for the hotel which meant I was able to keep my motorcycle off the road. The proprietor told me that there was a secure storage place for my bike if I felt I needed it.
I did not have the full breakfast so I cannot comment on that.
The two members of staff I met were very friendly.
Overall, an excellent 'hotel.' I cannot fault it and would definitely stay again. I came away thinking "wouldn't it be great if all b&b's were like this one." Many thanks, Trewythen.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here with another couple while on a motorcycling trip. Llanidloes made a great base for days out around some absolutely brilliant biking roads and the Trewythen Hotel was a perfect place to stay.
We stayed for 3 nights although we had actually booked for 2. The proprietor was really helpful when we asked for the extra night and made every effort to enable us to keep the same rooms. The rooms are well equipped and clean and my husband and I had a large family room. The only fault relating to the room was that there was no stand up shower; the shower was one of those that you use over the bath - but this set up would be ideal for bathing children.
We ate twice at the Unicorn (owned by the same people), the food was reasonably priced, very tasty and portions were generous. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice and the full Welsh included delicious sausage!
The staff at the Unicorn and Trewythen provided excellent service all round.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SkorpionTour
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A family of four stayed here during the Royal Welsh Show. We had left it late to find a place to stay. We originally booked for three people, but had to change to four. The hotel was very accommodating at short notice. As mentioned by other reviewers, this is a B and B. When we arrived at 9 pm, the front door was locked. We telephoned the owner who arrived after a couple of minutes with the key. The owners also look after The Unicorn Hotel in Llanidloes – about 100m away from The Trewythen. We were quickly shown to our room and the owner then left to return to the Unicorn. Room 20 overlooks the street outside and was very spacious and comfortable with a king size bed and two singles. The room has benefitted from a recent refurbishment and was well presented. The shower room (no bath) was clean and large. The shower was powerful with plenty of hot water. We were too late to eat anywhere in town. The Trewythen itself has no room service, bar or lounge to relax in – you have to find food and drink elsewhere. We slept well, but the clock tower of the Town Hall opposite does chime on the hour. Breakfast the next morning was in a comfortable breakfast room with a very impressive fireplace. Our hostess was kind and very helpful. Breakfast itself arrived quickly and was very good but with the constant sound of a large dishwasher from the kitchen and a slight feeling of being rushed - the owners seem to be working flat out to keep up with two establishments. I checked out at the end of breakfast, and we were told to leave the key at the front door – by the time we were packed into the car there was no-one around again. Stay again? Nothing wrong with the place.if you want a spacious and comfortable room with a good breakfast. If we go to the Show again I would book further in advance and find somewhere closer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank HawlFyMarn
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Big clean room, good if you just need a place to stay, but was actually a B&B. you had to lock and unlock the front door each time, would have been better with a Yale lock that would have fastened after you. There was no one on hand to assist you in anyway, although the mobile number of the owner was left on a pad by the front door. For example, it was only the second day that we found out that there was a car park behind the building.
Breakfast was good, and what little interaction I had with the staff was good, but if you're looking for a place where you can get a drink at night, with a lounge forget it.
Would I stay here again? Maybe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank okeydokey123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanidloes
Maesmawr Hall Hotel
#4 of 12 in Llanidloes
The Royal Head
The Royal Head
#9 of 12 in Llanidloes

Been to Trewythen Hotel? Share your experiences!