“Stayed in July 2014 - Amazing Hotel!”
Review of Bellingham Castle

Bellingham Castle
Reviewed August 5, 2014

A family member of mine got married here in July 2014. The venue is absolutely stunning! The staff are very curtious and couldn't have been more helpful. We stayed in one of the bottom rooms of the hotel so we had only one set of neighbours. Couldn't hear a sound from anyone near us so this was great when we went to sleep. The bed was massive, could easily have fitted an extra 3 people in with us 2, was also very comfortable. Shower was very powerful! The only criticism here would be inidividual shampoo and conditioner bottles would be nice, rather than a big bottle glued to the wall. There also wasn't any conditioner here. Breakfast had a tasty selection. The fruit and crossaints were delish, however the fry was a bit slow, we waited 30 mins, and when I asked about this I was told the food comes out by when you ordered but several tables including larger ones were served before us. However it was still an amazing stay and I would 100% recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charlottemcmahon

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Attended a wedding her in July, and this place is amazing, the views outside, the décor inside is something else. The food at the wedding was the best I ever had at a wedding. And while the staff were very young looking, they were extremely well trained. Their attention to each table was brilliant. I was so impressed that I told the manager later on and told him to congratulate them on a great service. I would have loved to stay here but it was already booked up, will go back to stay the next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank deckie79
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is an exceptional venue for weddings. The hotel has only recently been refurbished (i think they had their first wedding in January 2014). The location is stunning, with ornamental gardens to the rear and a river/weir running along the side. There are 18 bedrooms in the castle, all very large with very large bathrooms. I believe the castle can only be booked in total, as in you cannot book a room separately you must book the whole thing. I think its mainly for weddings and sometimes conferences or bus tours. There is no restaurant but there is a bar and a lovely irish wolfhound named ferdia!. The staff are incredible, very attentive and very professional for sucha young workforce. If you are getting married in Ireland, I would definitely recommend checking out this castle!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bub2010
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stay Here!

I realize that was a rather lengthy and detailed analysis, so I will distill it into two words-Stay Here!

Beautiful rooms, great staff, great food, walking distance to dinner in the nearby village, and a great house dog. Patrick and Ciara-and Emmett-will take great care of you. We began our Irish vacation here and-regrettably-stayed only one night. As tired as we were after the overnight flight and sightseeing at Newgrange, we all quickly came back to life upon our arrival. I could not imagine a better way to start our vacation.

The grounds were also stunning-you won't be able to resist taking a walk. Perhaps the Irish Wolfhound on staff will accompany you-he may even follow you up to your room!

And the shower heads-no water shortage here, folks.

All six of us-from teen-age girls, teen-age boy, and Mom and Dad- HIGHLY RECOMMEND Bellingham Castle.

Room Tip: I think there are only sixteen rooms-ours was the only room with a step up-grab that one if you are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Jagman100
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I attended a wedding at Bellingham Castle and I was awed by the setting and the interiors. The rooms were beautifully decorated and well equipped and when we arrived a travel cot had already been set up for our toddler. Throughout our stay the staff were friendly and attentive to our needs as a family, but managed to remain in the background, and nothing was too much trouble - particular thanks to Aine who looked after us during the wedding meal and to Christina from Housekeeping. The food was delicious at the wedding and at the breakfast the following morning. I remember Bellingham Castle from many years ago as a special place to stop for Sunday lunch and the renovation has done great justice to the building and to it's history. Highly recommended if you have the opportunity to visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Kelly-Anne K
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We used Bellingham Castle for a Board Meeting Offsite. Ciara and Patrick looked after us superbly, nothing was too much. They were on hand all day and ready to help at any moment. The setting is very unique and the rooms are very well decorated. Only 25mins from Dublin airport, the venue is very private and perfect for a corporate event. I would highly recommend the venue.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Aoife2327
Reviewed July 15, 2014

They now have rooms available for weekday stays and we were lucky to have spent two wonderful days. The place is beautiful, the staff most accommodating and polite. Landscaping is beautifully manicured. It is peaceful and a great place to relax.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebellingham
Cabra Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Carlingford
Ramada Resort Dundalk
Ramada Resort Dundalk
#5 of 8 in Dundalk

Been to Bellingham Castle? Share your experiences!