“Am I missing something?”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lime Tyger - CLOSED

Lime Tyger
Cuisines: Bar, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chorley
“Am I missing something?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Booked a table for 4 only because this place is (or was at the time of writing) the number one restaurant in Ormskirk on Trip Advisor (there's irony; however you spell 'trip advisor' on 'trip advisor', the spell check ain't happy).
Anyway, from the minute we arrived, plainly well trained friendly staff and full marks for that but I don't follow the arrangements with the drinks - no full, clear itemised and priced drinks menu so you have no choice but to listen to the server roll off a list of lagers (he missed Red Stripe so I only knew it was available when I spotted a can being served to another diner) and you simply have no idea of the provenance or prices of the wines because there is no wine list.
At times like this, you persevere because you are there, but are you content with those arrangements - well, not for me.
The menu choice, whilst 'different' is sparse. I had the hanging skewer (a gimmick in my opinion, by the way) but found the meat cooked but lukewarm.
Positives; nice decor, good background music and, to repeat, attentitive staff. Will I go back - jury is still out. Give it a chance and make your own report on what you find!!

3 Thank Crytic

“Food and cocktails are very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Been here many times for the cocktails, and they can be quite expensive, but that's cocktails for you.

Went there for food last week, and was very surprised by the price. Very cheap for what you get. None of the meals we ordered where above 10 pounds. But there is a lack of choice.

The only other issue is this place can become very busy.

1 Thank sixthnmiiko
Liverpool
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Fantastic little bar with a great vibe. Cocktails are delicious and reasonably priced and employees aim to delight. I'm yet to try the food, but from what I hear it's excellent.

I look forward to my next visit!

1 Thank Matthew D
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated my husband's 30th birthday here with friend's. As a group we had a variety of dishes and each one was cooked to perfection. The service was great. The prices are very reasonable. I would thoroughly recommend Lime Tyger to anyone looking to dine out in ormskirk.

Cheshire, UK
“Never Disappointing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Sadly I have now left Ormskirk after finishing my degree and I will miss Lime Tyger so much! It is definately one of the best meals I have ever had. The staff are brilliant, the cocktails are superb and the food is nothing less than (excuse my french) orgasmic! I had the Chorizo slider at first and loved it so much I kept ordering this for my first few tries as it was beautiful. I then had the hanging chicken skewer which was lovely and then I tried the steak sandwich which may just be the best thing I have ever put in my mouth and even after leaving ormskirk I am still craving Lime Tyger food!

• Visited May 2013