“Quirky”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had dinner at Lyme Tyger this evening and was very impressed with the delicious meals we ordered. I had rock and roll stew and my husband had jerk chicken. Service was fab....fast, efficient and friendly. The decor is quirky....half a rainforest has been turned into dining furniture that surrounds an enormous tree.....but it works! A great atmosphere and ambience for meals and or cocktails ( not sampled but looked amazing) we will return to try them! Good value, not overpriced.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We went here on Wednesday evening for our dinner and were very impressed! The menu looked good, the food was super fresh, well presented and tasted great. The staff were friendly, polite and genuinely caring that we enjoyed our meal.
We ordered buffalo wings and nachos for a starter, they did bring the wrong starter initially but rectified the situation straight away by bringing out the correct one also, so we enjoyed 3 starters between us!
I ordered what was the best jerk chicken outside of the Caribbean I have had! For desert we shared a great looking plant pot of mint choc chip icecream, brownies and topped with crushed Oreos! See photo!
Look forward to our next visit!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have visited Lyme Tiger twice for food and would recommend a visit. The portion sizes were good value for money. The food was lovely and the staff where very attentive. Will definately be going back for another visit.

1  Thank Missgbird
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This bar has started a food menu, and since then it's become even more popular. Firstly, the menu isn't extensive but for me this is usually a sign that the food is going to be good. The focus is on quality & originality so if it's bog standard pub food your after then you're in the wrong place. I have eaten here on numerous occasions, and it's my favourite venue in Ormskirk. The Nachos are delicious, served with chicken & peppers, onions, variety of cheeses - plenty to share. The ribs as starters are also lovely. To be honest I have had a taste of most of the menu (not all at once)! Every thing I ate was delicious, the menu offers flavoursome quality food, the chef has excellent credentials, and you can tell from his menu that he's well travelled. The hanging skewers are my favourite, the meat is so tender, in fact all the meals are served & presented in a quirky style so it makes eating here a food & flavour experience. They've created an unusual unique menu - long may it continue. The other edge this place has is the staff, friendly & eager to make you feel welcome. Real emphasis on customer service, the cocktails are all freshly made & are pretty fabulous too. If you are driving be sure to ask for a "drivers drink" this is an alcohol free cocktail but whereas we normally get a boring diet coke...Lime Tyger makes you feel part of the fun with an elegant alcohol free cocktail and to be honest didn't miss the alcohol at all. Brilliant concept here, it's becoming a regular haunt of mine. Go & see for yourself!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to Lime Tyger for lunch with my boyfriend this afternoon after my friend recommended it to us. Now we both love it and will definitely be returning!
The staff were really friendly and helped with cocktail and dessert recommendations! The food and the whole place itself is really different and quirky, from the tree stump stools to the yummy chocolate brownie dessert served in a real plant pot! We both had the currywurst which was served on a quirky wooden tray with Cajun chips (try their garlic Mayo too - it's the best I've had!) I wasn't sure what cocktail to try (as they have such a wide range) but the bar guy was really helpful and made me something yummy when I told him what type of drinks I like - delicious!
My boyfriend and I then also shared the 'plantpot' dessert which was warm chocolate brownie, rich vanilla ice-cream and crushed Oreos all served in a real 'plant pot'! It was really quirky and again delish! So all in all, for 2 soft drinks, 2 main meals, 1 cocktail and the sharing dessert it came to £25, Which in my opinion was a bargain and we can guarantee we'll definitely be back again - love it!! :)