“Avoid at all costs”
Review of Fiveways - CLOSED

Fiveways
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Surely staff, Appalling over priced food. Fish and chips so greasy it made me feel sick, My wife's gammon and cheese sandwich with salad served on a hot plate......YUCK

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Popstony
Fivewaysmngr, Manager at Fiveways, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I was really sorry to read your review and apologise that you did not enjoy your visit to The Fiveways on this occasion.

We take all feedback seriously and want all our customers to have an enjoyable experience when visiting our restaurant. I would like the opportunity to try to resolve your unsatisfactory visit, if you could email me personally at fiveways@orchidpubs.co.uk with details of the date and time of your visit I will look into this matter for you.

Regards

Sarah
Deputy Manager
The Fiveways

Aughton, United Kingdom
“Lack of meat!!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had a recent carvery here and I have to say the meat portion is extremely poor, I know that it's only £5.95 but 3 pieces of meat is all you are allowed.....and heaven forbid if you ask for more...the pieces are very very small..Yorkshire puddings rock hard , veg and potatoes lovely. Staff friendly and nice surroundings.....c,mon Fiveways be a little more generous, there's a lot of competition out there..

• Visited June 2014
Liverpool
“Excellent ”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Visited in April for carvary. Was delightful. All meat was cooked to perfection, wide range of vegetables, and lots of types of gravy. Seated in a lovely place where we could see what was going on. Staff very helpful and nothing was too much trouble and the service in itself made the visit just as worthwhile as the food! I will be back :)

Skelmersdale, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, helpful service,shameful chef”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I had booked to come to the five ways to celebrate a family members birthday. All the staff were really helpful,except the chef on carvery service. Considering he is front of house he was incredibly grumpy and unfriendly. He totally ignored my answers to the questions he asked me himself regarding my preferences for the carvery. As I said, lovely food ans the whole experience was only let down by the miserable chef.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Ladies who lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Met up with two colleagues for lunch. The Fiveways is central to main road in Ormskirk therefore easily aces sable and has a big car park.
There is plenty of space for seating inside and it is done in such a way, that you do not feel in a large room.

We met at lunchtime so were offered the main menu and a lunchtime one, 2 courses for £7.50. We all chose the main carvery which had a choice of three meats, pie and numerous vegetables and potatoes.
The food was lovely and hot, pleasantly displayed and tasted good.

Drinks were served at the table and desert menu had a good choice and portions are huge. We could have had a starter and main but chose the dessert instead.

The staff were very good and the tables cleared butch they were not in our face.

It is an ideal place for an appetising tasty meal at a vey reasonable price.

There is also a discount card for the over 50's.

• Visited May 2014