“Rude staff/Poor food!”

Fiveways
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I didn't even want to give it a rating of 1!
I booked a table in advance having never been before but hearing it can often be busy. We arrived and waited by the door where it says 'wait to be seated' and wait we did! No one acknowledged us or was on hand to greet us (It wasn't busy!) so we ventured towards the carvery area, we were greeted wth stares that said 'how dare you cross in to the dining area!' We were shown to a table and the menus were thrust upon us and drink orders taken. We weren't told how the ordering system worked (each carvery is different!) so we waited for someone to come over.
The most miserable woman came over who looked liked she really didnt want to be there or care about her job we placed our order (2x large,1x reg carvery) and she walked off before we could ask whether it was ok to just go up. She returned and threw a token on the table for the extra large carvery, we'd ordered two and wasn't sure if the token was for 2 of us so we asked another waitress who looked at us in disgust before returning and throwing another token on the table. We decided it must be ok to go up so we stood up to make our way to the carvery area only to be greeted with a 'oh your going up now are you *huff* I'll have to get the carvery staff out the back'.
The only plus point was the chefs carving the meat were polite and friendly maybe they could teach the waiting on staff some manners! The food was average the yorkshire puddings were shocking so hard i couldn't eat them!
I would definatley not return :(

Fivewaysmngr, Assistant Manager at Fiveways, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hi

I was really sorry to read your review and apologise that you did not enjoy your visit to The Fiveways on this occasion.

We take all feedback seriously and want all our customers to have an enjoyable experience when visiting our restaurant. If you could please email me personally at fiveways@orchidpubs.co.uk providing more information with regards to the date and time of your visit I will look into this as a matter of urgency to try and resolve your unsatisfactory visit.

Regards

Sarah
Assistant Manager
The Fiveways

Reviewed September 30, 2013

What more do you need.
Modern surroundings
Good service
Tasty food - new winter menu
2 courses for £7.25 if you are over 50!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a large restaurant with 3 separate areas, 1 of those areas is adult only, it has a few tv's normally showing sport, the other 2 zones are the normal eating tables with the third a sort of extra room for when it's really busy, the drinks are slightly dearer than your local pub but not enough to stop you going, the buffet is really good but if you're late getting there you may find that instead of 3 meats and pie of the day you may only get 2 meats and no pie, this happened to us on our last visit and you still have to pay full price which we weren't happy about

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have eaten here many times and the service and quality of the food has been satisfactory.
Last evening we returned at around 8pm, the place was quite busy but no more than it's been in the past.
I ordered a chicken burger and asked the waitress if there were any onions on it and was assured that there wasn't.
The menu did not say there would be onions but I felt it best to check.
The meal arrived and lo and behold the burger contained onions!
It's usually not worth complaining as all that happens is that the meal would go back into the kitchen and the onions would be removed and brought out again so I took them off myself.
When the inevitable question ' is everything ok for you?' came I didn't need to answer as she could see the onions on the side of my plate.
The response from the waitress was 'oh it had onions on it', that was it, no apology, offer of a reduction or free coffee or desert, nothing.
I will probably go there again because it's convenient but I expected better and was disappointed with the service last night!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

If want nice relaxed carvery type meal with friends or family this is a place to go, the staff are friendly and attentive when required plus the food is really quite good and you do not have to stick to the carvery as the are other choices.

We have never had an issue eating here so why not give it a try as you will be back.