“Family catch up over Sunday lunch”
Review of Fiveways - CLOSED

Fiveways
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Family catch up over Sunday lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Visiting my brother and his partner he had reserved a table online for 2pm. On arriving at 1.25pm the restaurant was busy but not heaving. There were empty seats (obviously this was for the bar area and not the restaurant) but we were told that 'our' table was not ready and wouldn't be for another 20 or so minutes. It was suggested we go to the bar area and order drinks.

We did just this. Drinks were reasonably priced and a pint of Tetleys, a large glass of house white wine, a pear cider and a large lemonade came in at around £13.
The sun was shining so we sat outside for a while and then moved back inside when it was getting nearer food time!
We waited for what seemed an eternity before we were guided to our table and told that our server would be with us shortly.

We all ordered the carvery. We were also guided through the process of how this worked as we had not been before. My brother opted for a larger plate for an extra £1.50 which also came with another yorkie pub as well as another sausage. His plate was ginormous!
We all filled up our plates and all commented on the roast potatoes - they were very sad looking and perhaps had not spent the full amount of time in the oven!
However, the food was really good and were left with full bellies! With an extra couple of drinks on top the bill for for came in at £45. Result!
Yes we will be back when next visiting family.

• Visited June 2013

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Good lunch”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my husband's family as a treat. The staff were pretty miserable but I ignored that as I was so hungry. It was quiet so we were seated quickly, food and drinks orders were taken quickly.Due to the lack of ccustomers the meats were a bit dry but it was tasty never the less. The carrots were dry and they were like chewing rubbers, everything else lovely but I didn't bother with the vegetarian gravy as I would usually do as it was very lumpy!

I enjoyed my meal and I was surprised at how large my young nieces meal was, she had more than I did haha

The carvers isn't bad for £5.95, nice atmosphere to chill and catch up with relatives.

It does get very busy on the weekend's fyi.

• Visited April 2013
lancashire
“Wast of a lot of time”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Called in to the resuarant plenty of room to be sat down and WAIT for someone to attend us after 15/20 minutes waitress arived took our order WAITED another 15 plus minutes after main course ordered apple pie and ice cream should not be to long unfortunatley we were wrong
WAITED another 15 plus minutes when ask why the delay we were told she was on the phone
and sorry for the wait although the carvery was on what I would call the cold side other seperate meals were hot.the whole eveing was a long one with all the waiting in between courses made the eveing a diapponting one will be crossing the Fiveways off our list.

• Visited April 2013
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Asalways, the food and service is very good. Lovely fresh meat and Veg. Staff always friendly and helpful.

Visited January 2013
Rainhill, null, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed it here the carvers are lovely and cheap mon-sat more on Sunday! The pub as been done up to a high standards really nice and relaxing great