“Tasty food and a nice atmosphere”
Review of Antonio's - CLOSED

Antonio's
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Il Padrino is the new Italian in the heart of Ormskirk bringing great food to you at affordable prices. Authentic Italian dishes served to you in style!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited Antonio's for the first time last weekend - we'll definately be back. From the outside, it looks quite small but it's like a tardis when you step inside. There are about 8 covers at the front of the restaurant but plenty more when you venture into the rear of building. We were greeted warmly by the waitress who sat us in the front part of the restaurant - where I had a view of a TV screen which shows what the chef is cooking in the kitchen!! We decided on a garlic bread between us and my wife had spaghetti carbonara and I went for the calzone. The portion sizes are very good - my calzone covered half my plate, with the other half covered in a tasty tomato based sauce. My wife's carbonara came in a deep bowl. Both meals were excellent so we decided to go for a dessert....sticky toffee pudding for me and tiramisu for my other half. Again - both were lovely.

All the staff we came into contact with were lovely - attentive without being intrusive.

A very pleasant experience and we would recommend it highly.

There are newer reviews for Antonio's

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a great little place this is. Friendly and welcoming staff. food is always fantastic, homemade, hot and plenty of it.

1  Thank melaniemolly
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Excellent value had great family birthday meal here, staff were fantastic and very friendly, kids made own pizzas and great food. Would go back again

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Antonio's is our favourite place to go on a Saturday afternoon. Our children love it, the atmosphere is great and the food is tastey and great value. The tv screen showing the chef cooking your food is a great idea if you are in the tables at the front where you can't see the kitchen. The tables in the window are great for watching the world go by. The staff are so friendly and service is good. We heard a couple ask for drinks they didn't have (pint of shandy and half a Guinness) so one if the waiters popped to the pub across the street and brought them back. That's service for you!

2  Thank Ali1234567890
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Teh staff are very welcoming and offer a warm welcome. The food is good quality and resonably priced. Good atmospehre.