“Excellent value, lovely staff and food”

Left Bank Brasserie
Ranked #6 of 141 Restaurants in Ormskirk
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool
“Excellent value, lovely staff and food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I visited in order to treat my Aunt to a belated birthday lunch. From the outset, she was highly impressed at the warm welcome (despite us entering through the fire exit) courteous service and the quality of food. To sum up, she mentioned that none of these "could be faulted."
For my part, I was pleased that there were no set menu restrictions so, in addition to the lunchtime offers (two courses for £6.50) we could choose anything we fancied, especially useful as my Aunt couldn't manage a big meal. Mains consisted of hearty, tasty portions, and our pasta dishes cost only £3.75 each, little more than the cost of a takeaway sandwich. There was a good range of desserts, and we enjoyed our coffees.
Many thanks to staff Katarina, Abnei, Nade and manager Louis, who all looked after us so well. In addition to providing a warm welcome, staff also escort customers out, holding doors and helping with any baggage, prams, etc. which is a pleasant touch. I was particularly impressed with Katarina's excellent customer service and her good promotional skills when she offered to show me the small private dining room upstairs, which is available for events. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be booking this for a special celebration in the autumn. I look forward to returning with friends.

Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“5 star”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

me and my husband have come here for a good few years on our anniversary, and just in general for a night out. every time we visit we are greeted at the door and shown to our table. staff are always lovely, friendly and up for a laugh. Food is always cooked to perfection, and tastes amazing! staff really pay attention to detail, and will ensure your food is just what you ordered! owners are really down to earth and friendly too. always good value for money! cant wait for our next visit!

wrightington
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We went for Fathers Day - 2 Courses for £15.95 + a free bottle of wine - what fantastic value. The food was superb & the service was spot on - The staff were very attentive & everyone was really friendly & helpful. Dont miss this one.

Swansea County, United Kingdom
“More than a restaurant; an experience!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I've been for dinner several times at Left Bank, each time taking advantage of their insanely priced two course meal. The food was delicious, and we paid a little extra and got a bottle of wine as that was the special offer at the time. The steak is particularly good and worth the supplement, and my husband- who went with his colleagues- said the pheasant which was on the menu at the time was very good. Their menu often has a few surprises designed with the most adventurous foodies in mind. Poppadom Frog's Legs is currently an interesting starter on their dinner menu.

Though the food is fab, what makes Left Bank special is the staff. The manager is a fabulous host, with plenty of charm and good humoured flirtation. Having said that, I only went with a group of ladies each visit, which this was perfect for. I couldn't comment on how this would work whilst out on a date but for the right couple, would be a great place to propose!

Though I love this restaurant, I only go when I'm in a certain mood or frame of mind. It's not a quiet, hideaway type of place, and when I'm having a more introverted day, it would be my worst nightmare. But when I'm out with the girls having a laugh, it's spot on!

Visited August 2013
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service, food and night!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We went last night to celebrate my Dad's birthday. The restaurant was full of atmosphere and from the minute we arrived we were looked after by the staff, best service we have had in any restaurant.
The food was lovely, everyone raved how delicious it was, (although the choice for vegetarians wasn't that great - tomato omelette or noodles), my son is 11 and wanted a steak but wouldn't have been able to eat the fillet on the main menu so they served him one from a different menu and then made up a dessert especially for him - nothing was too much trouble.
The staff were attentive, funny and made us feel like the best customers ever.
Can't thank them enough for such a lovely night!
If you could just change/add couple more veggie dishes we will back very soon!

• Visited May 2014