“perfect every time”
Review of The Fat Olive - CLOSED

The Fat Olive
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our concept at The Fat Olive is based on providing fresh homemade food with ingredients sourced from local suppliers. With menus styled with a International theme and an added Traditional Lancashire twist you can be sure that there will be a dish to suit everyone's taste from either the a la carte menu or weekly changing specials. The restaurant boasts great modern decor and a friendly ambience offering a full wine list with draft and bottled beers available.
“perfect every time”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Me and my partner eat here on a regular basis. After experiencing other more expensive restaurants we went back to the fat olive as we knew we could rely on the food, service , ambience and the management team being attentive . I love trying different dishes each time and i have not been dissapointed yet .

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“not what I imagined”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

outside on the "BUMF BOARD" 4/4 13 it said tapas nite plus Spanish guitarist every Thursday,so I said to the missus we will book for next week, so we booked for 7.30pm 11/04/13 service good. we had 2 glasses "peroni" , when the meals arrived(15 mins) char grilled chicken kitchen cut chips mushrooms and onion rings battered and our free bttle house red,then taramisu, the food and service excellent. The ambiance well flat the music from the speakers above very quiet well none existent so I said to the waiter what's Spanish about this erm then the manager came over and said the cds broke and the music was a"one off" I looked at him and said"do you think iv'e just got off the boat. We left at 9 the ambiance was still flat (12 came in). NEVER AGAIN ,I FEEL WE WHERE THERE UNDER FALSE PRETENSES

SpinningJen, Owner at The Fat Olive, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for dining at Fat Olive and I am happy to hear that your food and service was excellent.
I am sorry to hear that you feel the marketing of our weekly tapas night was misleading. We advertise our tapas on our outside board as you rightly mentioned, however we have only advertised live music once, on the week leading up to the actual 'Live' night.
On a regular tapas Thursday we have recorded Spanish music playing in the restaurant and I was not made aware that the playlist was broken and I am sorry that you could not hear our music when you dined with us, thus diminishing your enjoyment of the atmosphere.
I will look into this immediately and make sure the music is as normal this week.
Liverpool
“Good food Good atmosphere Good service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently visited the Fat Olive on a recommendation from a friend.The food was excellent and well cooked

liverpool
“Defo a must!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Have been regular visitors to the Fat Olive in Ormskirk, including having a large family meal there for my sons 18th. So when I got an email from them informing us of Tapas nights on a Thursday we just had to give it a go - and glad we did. Warm welcome, as norm, and the choice and variety of Tapas on offer was amazing. Things that we hadn't tried, or seen on the menu, previously in other Tapas restaurants.

Keep them coming lol. Just looking forward to our fav tapas being on the menu next time we visit - "white bait" - and the chef said he would do his best! Bring it on - a definite reason to visit.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Call in on speck and was made really welcome....the restaurant pleasant & relaxing.......the food was outstanding & the service was great.

Visited April 2013