“Perfect Wedding Venue - Perfect Day!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ormskirk
West Tower Country House Hotel
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My partners sister had her wedding here in March 2012 and it was absolutely perfect from start to finish. I arrived here after the church ceremony and was immediately struck by the fact it was a great location, it is close enough to the main road to find easily but once you arrive you feel like you're in the countryside. The main building itself is lovely, very warm and homely feeling but very modern in its decoration. The champaigne reception was a brillint start to the day and the outside area is great to have photographs and a drink if the weather permits. The food for the meal was excellent and well presented and the way the room was transformed for the evening party was brilliant, it felt like a totally different room to one we had just dined in. During the half hour interval between dining and the night party we checked into our bedroom, which was one of the rooms off the main building. It was a lovely room, very clean and tidy and we had a large bathroom with a jet spa bath and a shower. The shower is worth a mention as it was very powerful and spacious and well worth a blast. The evening party was great, the venue staff were very friendly and efficient throughout and everyone had a great time. Bar prices were fair, it was £3.40 for a pint of lager - there were 2 or 3 lagers on draught and I am told that wines/mixers etc were also reasonable priced. The after bar stayed open for people staying at the venue until the last guest left which again I am told was roughly 3am and the nights sleep was great. The morning came and the breakfast was a full English and was again very good service. I do not know a great deal about "the perfect wedding" etc but in my humble opinion the venue is perfect for a perfect wedding and I would reccommend anybody planning on getting married in the area should take a look at this venue.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LukeyDee

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We held our wedding here earlier this month - we cannot praise the staff enough. From our initial enquiry, through the planning stages, right upto the big day itself ALL the staff made us feel like we were the only wedding they were dealing with! Tough job when you consider just how many weddings they deal with, to make us feel so individually cared for was just amazing.
Leonie is a superstar. Consistently enthusiastic, bubbly, fun and yet with meticulous attention to detail. A credit to the venue and a joy to work with :)
The wedding itself went perfectly, food was amazing and everyone commented on it. The team on the day were great, nothing too much trouble. Lindsay had a knack of reading my mind during a few rare nervy moments and put my mind at ease immediately. Same with my hubby too...he sang her praises too when she calmed his nerves!!

Steve the DJ comes highly recommended too, dancefloor was rammed all night!

Brian - what a perfect guy to run this amazing venue and super team.

The venue itself is just beautiful. Photos and reviews will never do justice so just go and see it!

Best day of our lives, THANKYOU Team West Tower!!
K&A
x

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Flyflybutterfly2
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Our daughter and her now husband chose the West Tower exactly a year ago and we loved it from the moment we saw it. The setting is beautiful, the building lovely and full of character and the welcome from the staff from the word go was very warm and professional. The actual wedding day was perfect in every way-apart from the rain, but even that stopped for photos outside and the stunning sunset across the open countryside was amazing. Every single one of the staff is dedicated to their role and goes the extra mile to ensure that every little request is made possible. They all clearly enjoy their jobs and work together very well, providing excellent service all round. We took all our own table decorations, menus, table plan (and many more things besides) the morning before the wedding and Lyndsey followed our requests to the letter, producing the exact effect we had imagined. It couldn`t have been better! All the food was absolutely delicious-even though we only ordered the canapes the day before! All dietary reqirements were catered for very thoughtfully by the excellent chef and her team. We had ten children at the wedding and they were treated exceptionally well by all the staff, particularly by Sandra. The rooms were lovely-especially the stunning Bridal Suite and the rooms in the main building, but all the rooms were of a high standard. The staff were very accomodating with the photo booth we hired and the roulette tables; the disco, from Steve Mitchell, was great: in fact, we cannot fault anything about the whole experience at all. The breakfast was really good and all our things were returned to us in an organised way the next day. Thank you West Tower for a wonderful, unforgettable day! A dream Christmas wedding.Shelagh and Alan.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Shelagh G
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The venue for this wedding was fantastic with excellent views and easy to get too. The service was excpetional. The only negative were the rooms which were large and modern but as we spent two nights there no one came in to re preapre the room. There were cobwebs over the room and the bed was exceptionally hard. The breakfast served in our room was cold.

They really looked after us before and during the wedding and could not have done more.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bully1959Canaries
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I had our wedding here in October 2011, it is worthy of the Best Venue in Lancashire Award it received earlier this year. Leonie, Sandra and Brian provide you with the best location, service and food you could want. Lyndsey is an excellent toast master, organising hoards of people around without any fuss. Everything was perfect from start to end, everyone commented on how amazing the set up was. Just wish we could do it all again. All the rooms were to an excellent standard and the breakfast was plentiful the following day, we were also fortunate not to have a wedding following us the next day so we left at our leisure.
Thanks for an amazing day, Amanda and Barry France

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank amandabarry
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We got married here in September 2011 and it was absolutely perfect in every single way. When we met with Leonie she was extremely thorough, professional and well she sold the West Tower to us really as we knew that we could trust Leonie and all the staff there to look after us and give us the day that we had dreamed of. (And they did just that!)

During the whole build up to the wedding I was starting to need questions answered about our wedding. Once the Bridezilla in me arrived I then bombarded both Leonie and Sandra (Lingard) with question after question but Sandra & Leonie within minutes had answered all of my questions and put me at ease. Every time I e-mailed or phoned Sandra and Leonie nothing ever seemed to be any trouble at all. They both supported me in making decisions to make sure I had just the perfect day and they tailored to all my needs. Two wonderful members of staff.

In the months leading up to the wedding I attended the ‘Bridal Boot Camp’, delivered by Mark Beesley. This weekly time with the staff just further cemented our thoughts that our wedding day was ‘in good’ hands’ and we had nothing to worry about. Leonie, Sandra, Gemma, Sandra & Danielle made this an enjoyable experience as so did Mark with his encouragement throughout. (If you get the chance do this bootcamp do it!! - I lost a total of 4 inches and it completely changed my body shape!)

On the 7th September 2011 we were married at the West Tower and the day we had spent two long years planning and dreaming of was here and all the hard work paid had off and this was for us a ‘dream wedding’.

However, we genuinely feel the professionalism, care and support we received form all staff at The West Tower helped to make our wedding day as special as it was for us. Brian, Sandra, Leonie, Sandra, Lyndsey & Gemma are such caring and genuine people that we looked at them as guests at the wedding rather than staff. We cannot thank them enough.

On the day Lyndsey took all the pressure away from us by making sure that both my husband and I and our guests had everything we needed, nothing was any trouble to her. She took the time and effort to ensure that our day went as smoothly as it did, and we must say she made a fabulous Toast Master as she delivered an outstanding service throughout the whole day. A wonderful staff member.

Another special thank you goes to Gemma who did an outstanding job and delivered an outstanding service to us and our guests. Nothing was ever too much trouble and if there was anything that we needed she got this for us straight away. Again another wonderful member of staff.

Another special thank you to Brian & Sandra also as they were on hand if there was anything that we needed. They were both around the whole day and were making sure that our guests had everything that they required. They truly are two wonderful people who has only the best interests for their guests.

And of course a big thank you to Leonie and Sandra who helped plan our day and made the whole experience a less stressful job to do.

Everything went perfect for us and it was all down the staff there at the West Tower. The food we ate on the day was cooked to perfection and our compliments go to the chefs as there was not one course that I or any of my guests could criticise – Perfect!

All our friends and family who were at the wedding have said nothing but nice things about all the staff and the venue itself. Our family and friends were all very impressed by the level and quality of service that was provided on the day and they too thank the staff.

From the moment we contacted the West Tower and had our first meeting with Leonie we knew that our wedding day would go as well as we had hoped it would and we felt secure that the staff at The West Tower would do all they could to help us. Again, we cannot thank the staff enough for all of their hard work not just on the day but in the time leading up to it. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them.

A wedding venue is only as good as the staff who work there and with that in mind and judging by our experience there, we feel certain that there is no better venue than the West Tower. It is a truly stunning venue which is enhanced and complimented by the kindness and professionalism shown by its staff.

I would highly recommend this venue to anbody - its no wonder they have won awards!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LisaCassidyuk
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My sister got married here on 7th September 2011. I have been to a lot of wedding venues but this was just stunning and amazing! Don't know where to begin with the wonderful staff including both Sandra's, Leonie, Gemma and Lyndsey. They make you feel like your celebration is the most important one they have ever done. Absolutely faultless.The day went without a single hitch thanks to all of them. The wedding breakfast was perfect and the room was fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble from checking in through to breakfast and checking out the following day. The rooms are absolutely lovely, I stayed overnight and the room was BEAUTIFUL!! Can't thank the west tower enough for how they made my sisters day absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are gorgeous you would be spoilt for choice