Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $34.44
from $120.53
from $203.18
4,681 results
All reviews monasteries perched rock formations amazing place out of this world bucket list holy trinity great meteoron two days huge rocks long skirt worth the trip breathtaking views awe inspiring natural beauty dress code tour buses entrance fee
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spectacular or what? Stay at Kastraki campsite...the swimming pool background is awesome.
Take two days to visit all the monasteries..they are worth it. 3 euros for each, and worth every penny. You need a head for heights and be reasonably fit, so take it slow. Go early to avoid the cruise liner crowd.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Access to the mmonastaries moves from easy to a good hard climb up numerous stairs. Once there the views are breathtaking. Those with nuns in residence are "friendlier" but the overal amazing experience is well worth it.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I didn't even know Meteora before preparing my honeymoon in Greece. I thought Greece is all about blue sea, white house and ancient Greek gods. However, I finally decided to stay in Meteora for 2 days and I was really impressed by Meteora.

Meteora is a wonderful place with holy atmosphere, traditions and atonishing views. I rated it the same level of attractiveness as Parthenon. Don't miss it. It's a Must in Greece and you will feel a totally different Greece.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I never thought I would get to the more remote part of Greece, but it was definitely worth the ride to get there. There is a lovely town, Kalambaka, at the base of the cliffs, a pleasant place to spend the night before or after touring the ancient monasteries. To me, the monasteries were even more impressive in person than they looked in the pictures I had seen before traveling there. I'm not much for long car rides, but I surprisingly enjoyed the drive up from Delphi, The roads are easy to maneuver. When did the trip in October, so the weather was cooler and traveling more comfortable

Date of experience: October 2013
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Not too busy as it was end of season,and we saw the winch working which was fantastic!. Not too hot for all the steps we climbed. Can't really describe Meteora in words, you just have to visit!

Date of experience: October 2013