Establo San Rafael B&B
Villas Mastatal(Santiago de Puriscal)(Great Value!)
$15
Casa Guani(Santiago de Puriscal)
TripAdvisor
Rancho Montezumo(Santiago de Puriscal)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspancakesin excellent conditionbeautiful placepura vidabrendaabelanimalsbeautygoatscountrysidecomfortbugs
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been these stables twice now (just for the day), the first time trailing with family and friends and the second time on my own for instruction. I can say Brenda and her team were excellent on both occasions, demonstrating a flexible approach to make sure that everyone was well looked after, comfortable and had a great time. The horses were in excellent condition, and seemed to be part of the family. I shall certainly be returning whenever I'm in Costa Rica for more instruction in natural horsemanship from Brenda, I enjoyed it so much.
I can't comment on the rooms as I only went for the day, but if you love horses and fantastic scenery then look no further.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric G
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Everything about Establo San Rafeal was wonderful. The area is gorgeous, the atmosphere relaxed, and the cabina was just a magical pace to sleep and hang out. Brenda and Cameroun and Abel really made me feel welcome, and part of the family, and Brenda's love of and knowledge about horses was inspiring. I loved the other animals on the farm as well. It was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank katieimp
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I decided that I wanted to visit Costa Rica a year ago, improve my Spanish, and learn to horseback ride. The first time I walked up to the property I was met by a barrage of barking dogs. I was a little apprehensive but then appeared the friendly faces of two volunteers who were staying at the farm.
Within a few days Brenda and her family returned from a riding trip that they had been on and I instantly connected with this beautiful family. I tutored Brenda's son Charlie in mathematics in the mornings and afternoons, and learned how to ride in the evenings.
Brenda's stables were second to none in my opinion. She had set up a stables that were clean, well built, and organized. She has a system in place and she takes good care of her horses.
Her horse riding ring is also an impressive sight with the backdrop of the Costa Rican mountains behind it.
You will be treated as one of the family within minutes and will be a welcomed guest. You will learn to love this family and this farm as much as I have.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank princeofegypt777
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We loved staying in the cute cabina here and the food was great! Brenda gave me a great lesson and we went on a couple rides that were fantastic. Brenda was great and invited us next door to her sisters place for dinner where we meet a lot a great people and family. The horses are well trained and Brenda is a great teacher. We loved the cabina as it was private yet close to horses and the main house.
We would love to come back! We are hoping that Brenda can make it to New YOrk to give some lessons to me and my friends when she comes to the states too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bijoushapiro
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was our first trip to Costa Rica and through the warmth of the folks at Establo San Rafael and the amazing horseback riding trip they organized and guided us on, we came to know and love the country and its people. My husband and I both loved the well trained and cared for horses that we provided with and traveling over the mountains, down to and along the ocean was a unique and amazing experience. The accommodations along the way were varied, interesting and gave us the flavor of the country that we were hoping for. If you really want to see this country's beauty and you love horses and riding, these are the people to arrange it for you!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple