“Stunning!”

46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Great place for a sunny day. Really puts in a good mood for the calm and lovely lavender smell. And it is free! Worth a visit or two!!!! Great photos too.

2 Thank ariannadp

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Croydon, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“It's a large lavender field .........”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Came here because my daughter wanted to visit and take photos. Very busy and I'm not sure why as nothing to do except walk up and down lavender fields! We did get some lovely photos of the children though. Cafe and shop, both very expensive but plenty of people buying so why lower the prices.

Visited August 2014
Prosecco D, Owner at Mayfield Lavender Farm, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hi and thanks for your constructive comments. I just wanted to point out to other viewers that our Tea is £1.30, Coffee is £1.50 soft drinks £1 and Larger Lavender Fairy cake is £2. Our 10ml Organic Lavender Oil (for example) is £7 - Neals Yard 10 ml Organic Lavender Oil is £9.50. I feel that our prices are very reasonable and this may not be the impression that your review leaves. Many thanks
Surrey, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Stunning scenery and lovely location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We were recommended to visit by several friends and were not dissapointed. The second crop of lavender was at its peak and itwas a photographers heaven. Lovely to see so many visitors enjoying the scenery and the scent of the lavender.

For such a small outlay (£2.00 to park, which is refunded at the shop or cafe if you spend £5.00 or more), it is really good value.

We visited midweek and whilst busy it wa a pleasant experience with plenty to see and do. Tractor rides for children were popular as was the cafe.

Visitors should certainly bring a camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities.

This is a working nursery and the lavender is harvested at the end of the month, so the facilities are temporary, but the staff are friendly and the atmosphere is good.

Well worth a visit, especially on a warm sunny day.

London, United Kingdom
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great photo opportunities, lovely smell, £2 parking redeemable at shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I went today with my mum. Bring a good camera- lovely place for photos (many people with SLRs on tripods...one girl in a graduation gown!). Only need an hour here. Lots of bees near the grasso lavender- cover your legs. Some people having picnics. £2 for parking redeemable at slightly overpriced shop or cafe. Would come again. Portaloos for toilets.

2 Thank skyblue32london
tigger2
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A repeat visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I recenlty visited this lavender field to do some photography and realised that I need a morning shot to get the view that I wanted so returned a week later with my husband arriving at 9.00am as the gates opened. I was able to take the picture that i wanted and also enjoyed the visual spectacle of the beautifaul flowers. It was fun to watch other visitors posing for photographs amongst the purple sea of flowers. We enjoyed a cream scone, tea and lavender and chamomile tea as we sat under the purple and lilca umbrellas in the cafe area. There was a wide choice of lavender gifts. The website suggests that a permit can be obtained for photograping after opening hours. It would have been useful to have this information and details of cost displayed in the cafe area as I would like to revisit sometime for a sunset shot. I don't know if it was the effect of the herbal tea or just breathing in the perfume from the flowers or the fact that i had had a camera fix but I felt quite chilled out for the rest of the day