“Lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 11 Royston B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The bed was so comfortable...best sleep I have had away from home for ages! Our room (with a four poster bed) was large and nicely furnished.....pipes were a tad noisy in the bathroom but the noise didn't go on for long. Great breakfast, with choice of cereal, fruit, juice etc and of course the full English. A lovely and good value place to stay. We shall definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We held one of our regional meetings here in March for the second year. Its a great venue but what sets it apart is the staff and the welcome you receive. Rooms vary but all are lovely though some are a tad small - but hey - its and old pub! Conference facilities were spot on. The bar was excellent with a great range of real ales and a creditable wine list. Dinner was utterly sublime - we are a fussy bunch who enjoy fine dining, but this little pub can show much more 'exclusive' eateries a thing or two about quality, well cooked, well presented, good value cuisine. We will be back in 6 months and thoroughly look forward to it. Thanks to all at the Old Bull Inn for all at Northwood.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank EW1966
maidstone kent
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Myself and a colleague have just spent 2 nights here as we were staying away for work. The hotel was great, really friendly welcome and friendly staff, beds and room were lovely, bed soooooo comfy! Food was great too and I would definitely stay again, highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

What can I say well I came up and spent 4 days here, studying for exams for a job interview! Well the staff are so friendly, amiable and lovely people. They couldn't do enough for me let me take over tables with my books talked and buoyed me on when needed! I ate in the evenings and the food is beautiful lovely pies tasty well presented. The rooms well I had a single, a little snug but all the amenities I wanted and the bed ever so comfortable slept well each night! Awoken and down for big breakfasts every morning locally sourced produce very tasty! A wonderful experience from Ben Simon Sean and the ladies! I'll stay again any time I'm up that way! Lovely! Thanks!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The rooms are quite compact just enough to accommodate you but very conveniently located. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean. In case you want some Indian food, number of restaurants are located nearby...in fact one is just opposite to the back side of the Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vatrana
Sheffield, UK
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed in a single room (room 5) for one night whilst attending a wedding. I used the room to change and sleep and saw little else of the Old Bull, however I was impressed with what I did see.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was clean, and bigger than I had expected - and it came with a double bed when I had expected a single (a pleasant surprise). Lastly the price was competitive compared to the other hotels recommended by the wedding party.
Overall I was very happy and would happily recommend to others.
One piece of constructive advice for the hotel is that I would have liked the breakfast menu to represent the Inn's food concept "modern British food with a twist"...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank iann22
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went with a group of 8 people for a pre Christmas dinner, starters were very good, mains were very good apart from 1 lamb shank which was solid and this was quickly put right by the very efficient staff and the desserts were very good. Why the low mark you wonder, well after the dessert one of the party went for a smoke and came back in very angry. He had stood where you can see in to the kitchen and watched one of the staff help themselves to ice cream and then with the same spoon serve the same in to the customer bowls, this was repeated a couple of times!! When he complained the management seemed very laid back about it. Apparently the person was spoken too but denied using the same spoon and when our party member was told this it was as if he was lying. Under no circumstances would he or any one of us make this up knowing it could cost someone their job. We will not know the outcome of this complaint but if staff don't get seen doing this sort of thing what else can they get away with?
Would I recommend? You make your own mind up.
Up until this point we all would have re visited this pub but that will not happen now!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royston
Sheene Mill
The Crown House
The Crown House
#1 of 1 in Great Chesterford
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10

Been to Old Bull Inn? Share your experiences!