“A true gem - genuine, friendly and hospitable”
Review of Orchard House

Orchard House
Orchard House
Ranked #4 of 11 Royston B&B and Inns
Cambridge
“A true gem - genuine, friendly and hospitable”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed with Tiggy and Pete the night before an important job interview. They welcomed me into their home and went above and beyond all expectations of hospitality. The room was clean and welcoming, the bathroom immaculate, breakfast was tasty and I was extremely glad of the tea and reassurance while I re-ironed my shirt for the interview! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great value place to stay with a homely, welcoming touch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed December 28, 2012

What an excellent B&B! Everything was of a very high standard - clean beautifully presented room - generous portions of good food and great hospitality.

This B&B is quite a find - and as a single female traveller I also felt very safe:)

Pete and Tiggy are great hosts too - thank you so much for a great stay I shall be back:)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Louise R
Auckland, NZ
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Oustanding excellent guest house situated in an ideal location (few minutes walk from the town centre). The room was perfect (spotless, comfortable & relaxing). Breakfast was excellent with a great variety. I highly recommend this place to anyone requiring a quiet, comfortable B&B, with warm, friendly hosts who go that little extra to please.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ian S
Selby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This B & B was amazing..Orchard House was outstanding there hospitality was 2nd to non couldn't do enough for us to make our stay very enjoyable, spotless clean with lovely touches to the room, Food was fantastic and overall this is an ideal place to stay when in the area...Thank You xx

Room Tip: Sorry pressed swimming pool by mistake there is no swimming pool. But can highly recommend
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Elaine_196256
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed at orchard house only because the company booked but what a choice, wasnt home from home because i dont get this well looked after at home!! Bed very comfy, bedroom very clean, tiggy n pete very welcoming and superb hosts :-)
And thats not the whiskey talking pete lol
10/10 recommend anytime

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Dogmansheff
Woodbridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2012

After searching online for a bed and breakfast to spend the night in, I decided that Orchard House looked by far the nicest option.
I was greeted at the door with a warm welcome and after sitting down and having a quick chat I was shown around their home and eventually shown to my room. It was a nice room and the bed was very very comfortable.
I was offered dinner but I had already made plans to eat out with friends, so I didnt experience the food, they were however more than happy to make me feel at home and told me that if I wanted or needed anything I needed only to ask.
After staying out with friends,alot longer than I thought I would be ... Ziggi bless her, was still up waiting for me, and was even awake before I was ... just to make sure I didn't oversleep :)

I did only stay the one night but it was a very enjoyable experience and I would book with them again if I ever needed to.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royston
Days Inn Stevenage North
#1 of 1 in Duxford
Coach House Hotel
Coach House Hotel
#10 of 11 in Royston

Been to Orchard House? Share your experiences!