This was a very enjoyable stay in a beautiful location and I would recommend the hotel to others, there were just a few things however that stopped it getting another star.
Firstly, the room was unbearably hot! I turned the radiator off and had the window wide open all night and I was still too hot in the middle of November! This made sleeping uncomfortable, even though I had a very comfortable king-sized bed. The underfloor heating in the bathroom was sometimes too hot to stand on.
The room had all the necessary amenities but the TV was tiny! It was smaller than a portable, which meant watching TV in bed was a little annoying.
The standard of the food and service was very good both in the restaurant and bar area. However, the booking mechanism in the bar was slightly confusing. We had to book a table in the bar due to demand, which we didn't particularly mind, but when you go into the bar you find that all the tables are reserved but no-one actually sits at them? Others wanted to come in and sit down but couldn't due to the reservations but yet still no-one turned up and when we left the bar at about 8:30 there were still a whole host of reserved tables with no-one sitting at them. This was also true during the afternoon. I'm sure there is a reason for it but I can't think what it might be?
Overall a very enjoyable stay with pleasant staff and very close to getting 4 stars, if I could award half stars then I would have given it three and a half.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are in search of peace, tranquility and the epitome of English country life you need look no further than The Slaughters Country Inn (formally Washbourne Court Hotel). Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty in all seasons. A truly magnificent 17th century Inn standing in four acres of grounds alongside the River Eye in the centre of Lower Slaughter, one of the most beautiful and unspoiled villages in the Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Slaughters Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washbourne Court Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Washbourne Court Lower Slaughter
- The Slaughters Country Inn Lower Slaughter, England