When you read about a place and then see photographs that fill you with anticipation before booking, it is almost painful when the balloon of expectation has all the air let out! So it is with this Country Inn.
One is beguiled into thinking that this would be of the quality of Gidley Park because of common ownership - not so. The property is tired, the reception poor (we were welcomed by someone whose English was difficult to understand and who reeked of tobacco) and the food service is amateur hour. Scruffy, unkempt, non-uniformed young people masquerading as food and beverage service staff; no bell person to help with luggage to the upstairs room, no luggage racks in the room and no luggage racks available. So....you pay the big money and have your suitcase on the floor....or the bed, as we were advised!
Lovely letter in the room from the manager who was invisible...this could be an exceptional experience but needs a lot of help to get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are in search of peace, tranquility and the epitome of English country life you need look no further than The Slaughters Country Inn (formally Washbourne Court Hotel). Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty in all seasons. A truly magnificent 17th century hotel standing in four acres of grounds alongside the River Eye in the centre of Lower Slaughter, one of the most beautiful and unspoiled villages in the Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Slaughters Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washbourne Court Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Washbourne Court Lower Slaughter
- The Slaughters Country Inn Lower Slaughter, England