Just returned from a two night stay at The Slaughters Country Inn, we were upgraded to a cottage room quite pleasant but a little dated and tired.The hotel grew on us during our stay, might have been that we were more relaxed.Enjoyed lunch in the bar area and dinner & breakfast in the main dinning room.Found quailty of food excellent and staff very attentive.Nearly perfect if they tried just little harder, some things like tea pot chipped, stains of carpet in bedroom, no table clothes on tables at dinner time, very repetitive menu same in bar and restaurant and menu was lamanated ! ( tacky ) , staff wearing jeans at dinner time to serve customers not nice. Would we return yes as well looked after just attention to detail and it would have been perfect which they are capable of doing down to management skills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are in search of peace, tranquility and the epitome of English country life you need look no further than The Slaughters Country Inn (formally Washbourne Court Hotel). Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty in all seasons. A truly magnificent 17th century hotel standing in four acres of grounds alongside the River Eye in the centre of Lower Slaughter, one of the most beautiful and unspoiled villages in the Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your The Slaughters Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washbourne Court Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Washbourne Court Lower Slaughter
- The Slaughters Country Inn Lower Slaughter, England