The website gives the impression of an ancient inn, which the bar section is, but the rest is new, though nicely designed. In reality most of the bedrooms are motel style in two wings at the rear, though with doors either side it does not feel like a motel. The accommodation is a ground floor sitting room, with staircase to first floor bedroom. Comfy 6ft bed, and nice pillows and duvet. Window side has sloping roof so a hazard if you forget. Nice bathroom with powerful shower over bath.
Tea making downstairs is hassle as basin for water is upstairs.
We did not have wifi as end room, but wifi in bar to pick up messages.
Dining room is walled in mirrors. Food ok.
Happy faces at reception and nice looking waiters add to the occasion.
Cross the road to the sister hotel which is very stylish, or walk a mile to Upper Slaughter Manor.
Loved the tongue in cheek of using a blood red chandelier in the Slaughters!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are in search of peace, tranquility and the epitome of English country life you need look no further than The Slaughters Country Inn (formally Washbourne Court Hotel). Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty in all seasons. A truly magnificent 17th century hotel standing in four acres of grounds alongside the River Eye in the centre of Lower Slaughter, one of the most beautiful and unspoiled villages in the Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Slaughters Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washbourne Court Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Washbourne Court Lower Slaughter
- The Slaughters Country Inn Lower Slaughter, England