This is a very well located hotel in a most beautiful part of the country.There were just a few letdowns that took from our overall experience.The menu in the dining room is very limited if you want to eat there more than a couple of times.The breakfast was just ok but the service was poor.The prices in the bar were in my view very expensive indeed.There was very little storage in our room "Angelos" and the main window could not really be left open when the kitchen was working as the vent from there came out just above the window and the cooking smells were unbearable.The other window was behind the headboard of the bed and very difficult to get at.
On the plus side the staff were very helpful and friendly and the room was large and comfortable.There is a nice walk from here to Burton -on-the Water.The hotel is quiet
We only paid £95 per night so the value was ok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are in search of peace, tranquility and the epitome of English country life you need look no further than The Slaughters Country Inn (formally Washbourne Court Hotel). Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty in all seasons. A truly magnificent 17th century hotel standing in four acres of grounds alongside the River Eye in the centre of Lower Slaughter, one of the most beautiful and unspoiled villages in the Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Slaughters Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washbourne Court Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Washbourne Court Lower Slaughter
- The Slaughters Country Inn Lower Slaughter, England