Best Western Claydon Hotel
Good 3.5/5
$70
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewshungry horsecountry housebest westernsair cona large car parknoisy roomgreat nights sleepsized roomfunction roomfamily get togethercooked freshbed was comfortablehotel is situatedon arrivalbooked this hotelpleasant staybar menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We recently held a dinner party to celebrate our golden wedding.
From the time we booked the venue,several months ago,the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. On the day the function room was set up for us to add flowers and decorations, 33 relatives and friends to enjoy a wonderful meal prepared by chef Frankie and his staff.
Everyone agreed it had been a lovely evening and for ourselves after fifty years of marriage an occasion to remember and would reccomend this hotel. Thank you again Heather and staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BWGatehouse, Manager at Best Western Claydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your event at the hotel for your Golden wedding, it was a pleasure to look after you all.

The team will be very happy to receive this positive feedback from you and I will make sure I pass your comments on to all of them.

I hope we can welcome you back to Claydon in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited for an improving schools conference. Parking is easy, reception welcoming. Tea and coffee was served in the conservatory.The staff were very friendly and helpful. The meeting was "down in the dungeon" which was a bit claustrophobic. Lunch was served in the dining room- very good selection of sandwiches and hot snacks. There could have been a bit more of a mix of brown/ white bread fillings, but generally the food was good and tasty. Didn't need to stay, so can't comment on the bedrooms,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
BWClaydonHotel, Manager at Best Western Claydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Many thanks for your review of the services provided to you during your recent visit to the hotel for conference purposes.

I am pleased that you generally were satisfied with the standards. we do have other meeting rooms available, some are larger than the room used by your group, possibly we had other business allocated in these on that particular day, I will certainly give Chef your feedback about the buffet selection and do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Claydon in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've stayed three times as this hotel now and it has always been first class. I would say first class for the money but that implies that it would only be good at the very reasonable price but it would still be excellent at twice the price.

The staff are amongst the best i've met at any hotel and I should probably mention the manageress (sorry i've forgotten her name) who is great. I understand she's been at the hotel for quite a number of years and she's a credit to them. I've not eaten there in the evening as i've always been out to meet clients and gone where they have fancied but having seen the presentation of meals to other guests it looks very nice. Breakfast is cooked to order with very good ingredients and so comes out hot and very tasty.

The rooms vary and i've stayed in the wing running along the car park and also in the main building. The rooms in the main building (well the one I had anyway) are a bit nicer but that's not to say that the others aren't. I found my room spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable on all of my stays.

The only criticism I can think of, and it's not the hotel's fault i'm sure, is that Vodafone doesn't work well in the extension building. Hardly a cause for complaint though and maybe even a bonus after a long day :-)

Most definitely recommended to anyone - even if you have to go out of your way a little.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
BWClaydonHotel, Manager at Best Western Claydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass your comments on to all the team and hope that next time you stay we can tempt you to stay in and eat!
It is wonderful to have this positive feedback and I cant tell you how much it means to all the staff when our guests take the time to do this.

Kindest regards

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Today we enjoyed a fantastic sunday lunch at the hotels restaurant. The food was top class, beautifully presented, ample quantities and piping hot.equal and on par with top class venues around the county. The whole atmosphere was friendly and relaxed, the staff were a credit to the hotel and a thoroughly enjoyable time was had by our party. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your comments about your Sunday lunch. We are glad you were impressed and that the team looked after you well. We cant wait to see you again.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked this hotel for a two night break and to visit National Trust Sutton Hoo. The welcome at the hotel was very warm and friendly. All meals were great however the food served in the restaurant both evenings was fabulous - well done Chef. The hotel dining room was beautiful and the rooms very comfortable and clean. This hotel was a great find and I would certainly recommend it and re visit if back in the area. A big thank you to all the staff for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: We had a lovely quiet weekend - this hotel is also a popular wedding/conference facility which you may want to check out beforehand.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend break with us. I will pass your comments on to all the team and hope that you will return.

Heather Billing