Best Western Claydon Hotel
Premier Inn Ipswich North Hotel(Claydon)(Great Value!)
$66
$122
Orbitz.com
$70
  • Restaurant
All reviewshungry horsecountry housebest westernsair cona large car parknoisy roomgreat nights sleepsized roomfunction roomfamily get togethercooked freshbed was comfortablehotel is situatedon arrivalbooked this hotelpleasant staybar menu
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel as a mate was getting married at Combs, just up the road, and having his reception in the Hotel.
It is very accommodating, I was able to check in shortly after 12 to get ready. Wifi & papers were offered for no extra cost.
The breakfast was good, full English, cereal & continental all on offer.
The room was well furnished and the bed exceptionally comfortable.
The Hotel would also make a good stop over if you were traveling to one of the ports as it less than 2 miles from Ipswich & just off the A14.

Negatives: not many.
My extractor fan was noisy & did not shut off on its own, I had to switch it off manually.
The cost of a Jagerbomb at the bar was out of this world, I was quoted £6! A bottle of Jager costs less! Had to watch the bar staff like a hawk, at the main bar a whiskey & coke cost £3.55 but at the function bar the girl twice tried to charge me £4.95, until I queried the price & showed her a receipt I had from the top bar... cheeky!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
BWClaydonHotel, Manager at Best Western Claydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your review we appreciate that you have taken the time to do this I will certainly investigate the bar issues and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am glad that overall you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We arranged our wedding ceremony and reception at this hotel. It proved to be an excellent venue, with great food prepared by Frankie and immaculate service by ALL the staff - they couldn't do enough for us, they truly "cared" The Hotel has been modernised with very clean decor and the recetion room was just the right size for our party of 80 persons. Our room whilst being the honeymoon suit was a large room with a modern bathroom overlooking the rear garden. I must say thank you to Heather (Manageress), she was brilliant, very attentive but not overpowering, well done Heather and all the staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWClaydonHotel, Manager at Best Western Claydon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments, i am pleased you enjoyed your special day, it was a pleasure for all of us to be part of it.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Claydon in the future and all the team wish you well in your new life together.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for my brother-in-Law's wedding and it was superb. The staff were friendly and very efficient. It was summed up when we said to the Receptionist as we left, that they had been really attentive and she said "We care". Food was excellent and breakfast had a lot of choice. Whilst our room was a little small, it was clean and comfortable with a decent bathroom. Heather, the Manager was absolutely brilliant and the arrangements went like a dream.

Room Tip: If you're not attending an event, be as far away from the function room as is possible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Tony

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are very pleased that you had both an enjoyable event and stay at the weekend and that the team looked after you.

We do hope that you will return in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We held our daughter's wedding here so many of the family stayed over at the hotel. I did not hear any complaints from anyone. The meal at the wedding reception was excellent and very well presented, and the waiting staff were very efficent and helpful. the whole experience was good. In hotel rooms I always look for spotless sheets and bathroom, and both here were excellent. The room was a good size especially as the hotel had provided a travel cot which had also been made up with nice clean sheets and a cot blanket provided. Our bed was large and comfortable. Our room had good air con which was especially useful as it was a hot evening and I didn't want to leave our grandaughter in the cot with an open window (we had our own baby monitor) Breakfast was good, plenty of variety, the hot food being topped up with freshly cooked so things were not left to dry out.

Room Tip: I can only evaluate our room which was 114, and was very good. I think all rooms are at the back of the hotel so road noise is kept to a minimum anyway
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

We are so pleased you had an enjoyable event and stay at the hotel along with your guests on the day. It was a pleasure to host your occasion and the team will be very happy that we exceeded your expectations.

I hope that you will support the hotel in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back, thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Staff very pleasant, rooms are a good size, very clean, very good food if a bit pricey great breakfast, pub over the road cheaper and good value.

Room Tip: Room 225 top floor end of corridor, very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you Michael for reviewing the hotel and the positive feedback you have given. We hope that you will stay again and that we can tempt you to use the restaurant instead of the pub!
We look forward to welcoming you back