“Perfect”
Review of The Turf Locks

The Turf Locks
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Exminster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Perfect”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I didn't know about this hidden gem until about 3 yr ago when I had my second date with my boyfriend. He has been coming since he was a child. We often cycle down and enjoy a wonderful welcome from the brilliant staff. The menu is limited but you can see why because the food they do is amazing. My favourite place whether a hot sunny or drizzly day just wish it was open all year :-)

London, United Kingdom
“Great Pub”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Me and my friend decided to visit Turf Locks after going to Double Locks quite a few times, and boy we're glad we did. Had one of the best fish and chips we've ever had, along with friendly, chatty staff and great views!
They also have a unique offer where they provide the food (for a price of course) and you cook it in one of their outside bbq areas, we'll be having a look in to this more as it seems like a great thing to do in the summer sun with friends!
We'll be back very soon!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ian M
truro
“warm sunset in may”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We sat outside in the last of the day's sun, the view is beautiful. The staff were really friendly and accomodated our dog with water and treats. The food was great, some nice options that were a bit different as well as usual pub grub. We'll definitely return.

Visited May 2014
Cornwall, Uk
“Unique waterside setting”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My first visit to this estuary/canal side pub/hotel to celebrate my father's 93rd birthday; we were aware we would have to walk 2/3rd a mile along the tow path as parking at the hotel is virtually non-existent. Thankfully, my father is very fit! There was a 45 minute wait for food - it was Maundy Thursday and the garden full of early Easter visitors - and the sun was out! We sat inside: I ordered the Exe Estuary Moules - excellent choice - and dad had fishcakes (from the specials board): my brother had lamb fajitas. Good choice of local ales and wines. There is, apparently, accommodation available at the hotel but there was no evidence of room prices or availability - or parking arrangements if you have luggage?? Lots of bird watchers in evidence on the tow path - a quirky pub/hotel in a superb setting - surprisingly popular in view of its off-the-beaten-track location.

• Visited April 2014
Shaldon Devon England
“Very good”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our experience was first class. We read some of the other reviews and either it must be new management or they have totally upped their game.
Drinks brilliant, including ciders and fantastic calvados.
Food, probably best rare roast beef open sandwich ever had out, excellent seafood (superb mackerel pate, vg prawns, crab), and very good dahl with sides. No fault anywhere.
We dealt with 3 or 4 staff, all young, friendly, relaxed, ready to have a laugh, clearly well-trained.
We will be back soon.