We decided to eat at the Pelican as they advertise rare breed near, well the rare breed was not rare breed, the portion size for one of our party was pathetic and when we asked too see the chief "he was too busy with service" to come and see us...there was about six people eating of which we made up four, however we were offered another piece of meat at the same size for just over £5!!! The attitude of the serving staff was far from good and obviously there was a case that none of them wanted to be there. At an early end to our evening we refused to pay all of our bill - they did point out that they had not charged us for the meal we had refused...like they were doing us a favour! We paid just under 2/3 of our bill and left this rather lovely looking pub with its poor staff, food quality and even worse customer service behind never to return again. If you are looking for good hospitality and food I would recommend driving on past this establishment and heading into Hungerford.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Free House has a large locals/walkers bar and three cosy restaurant areas, whilst upstairs there are eight comfortable ensuite bedrooms. Outside there is a large garden with stream, duck pond and two car parks. Situated in a perfect spot for those enjoying the local countryside, being a 5 minute stroll from the Kennet & Avon Canal (bridge 90 and lockgate 70). Walkers, fishermen, cyclists, boaters, children and friendly dogs are all welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Pelican Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pelican Hotel Froxfield
- The Pelican Inn Froxfield, England