Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Pelican and would definitely stay there again. The room was spacious, immaculately clean and comfortable with a two easy chairs and a double bed which gave us a very good nights sleep. The room was at the front of the building, overlooking the A4, with view of the sloping fields beyond, and in spite of the proximity of the road, the secondary double glazing meant we were not at all disturbed. We also had a meal, which was excellent. My only criticism of the pub would be that they did not have a very exciting range of draught ales, but maybe the only two on offer were just not to my taste. There is a delightful garden with a well fenced pond, pretty to look at and safe for children. The Kennet and Avon canal is just a short walk away, so handy for walkers, runners or kayakers like ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Free House has a large locals/walkers bar and three cosy restaurant areas, whilst upstairs there are eight comfortable ensuite bedrooms. Outside there is a large garden with stream, duck pond and two car parks. Situated in a perfect spot for those enjoying the local countryside, being a 5 minute stroll from the Kennet & Avon Canal (bridge 90 and lockgate 70). Walkers, fishermen, cyclists, boaters, children and friendly dogs are all welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Pelican Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pelican Hotel Froxfield
- The Pelican Inn Froxfield, England