My girlfriend and me thourght we would spen new year with some friend, and we stopped at The Pelican Inn in Froxfield.
We landed late evening on the 30th dec, and where made to feel very welcome, and although food had stopped being served, we where offered a welcome snack, we had eaten on the motor way!!! and this was much apprecitiated, and went down well with a nice drink.
We had a double room on the road side, absolutly spotless, nicely fernished and had a nicley deep bath, as well as a shower in a very spaciouse bath room.
To say we where on the road side we could not hear any traffic noise, the double glassing is good!.
We rose in the morning, Late, missed breakfast, but Kirsty and Terry and Patrick, where very welcoeming, and arranged coffee and bacon sandwiches for us! again thank you and nice big Butties they where too.
We then went and spent some time in Malbrough and Hungerford, both lovely places and we even had somthing to eat in malbrough at a place Kirsty advised, very nice!.
The new year buffet that Terry put on was GREAT!!!!! haggis n the lot!, the Irish band (brilliant) that where on, realy got every one involved and a Top night was had by all!!!!!!.
Had another good sleep and a good hot bath to wake ourselves up, we missed breakfast again, but patrick was on hand and revived us with plenty of coffee and one of them great butties again, which was just what we needed befor the drive home!!!!!!.
I have to say Thank you to Terry and Kirsty, Patrick and all the staff for a very very relaxing and enjoyable new year, in a lovely pub with some of the friendlyest locals i have ever met!.
Thank you and we hope to come again sooner rarther than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Free House has a large locals/walkers bar and three cosy restaurant areas, whilst upstairs there are eight comfortable ensuite bedrooms. Outside there is a large garden with stream, duck pond and two car parks. Situated in a perfect spot for those enjoying the local countryside, being a 5 minute stroll from the Kennet & Avon Canal (bridge 90 and lockgate 70). Walkers, fishermen, cyclists, boaters, children and friendly dogs are all welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pelican Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pelican Hotel Froxfield
- The Pelican Inn Froxfield, England