Stayed just one night for a nearby function. Room (3) was very small so glad not to be there longer. The rooms and pub are very smart and modern, but in the refurbishment some basics seem to have been overlooked. When paying £80 per night I don't expect to have to make a cup of tea on the floor, or drink water out of tea cups - no glasses. We were pressured into agreeing to Sunday breakfast at 9:15, even though the room info and website say breakfast till 10:00 at weekends. Cooked breakfast was excellent - except for hoover accompaniment and sliced white bread toast (unforgiveable at this price and hype!).
Main problem though was lack of basic customer service - a general feeling of lack of interest in customers and a feeling that we were putting them out slightly by our presence!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Free House has a large locals/walkers bar and three cosy restaurant areas, whilst upstairs there are eight comfortable ensuite bedrooms. Outside there is a large garden with stream, duck pond and two car parks. Situated in a perfect spot for those enjoying the local countryside, being a 5 minute stroll from the Kennet & Avon Canal (bridge 90 and lockgate 70). Walkers, fishermen, cyclists, boaters, children and friendly dogs are all welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Pelican Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pelican Hotel Froxfield
- The Pelican Inn Froxfield, England