“Superb Accomodation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Lea B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Superb Accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Fabulous bed and breakfast. The rooms were gorgeous, so tastefully decorated and everything available from beverages and biscuits to toiletries. Caroline is a superb host (Jelly Bean, the Jack Russell as well) and makes you feel so welcome. Breakfast was delicious including the home made bread! A pure touch of 'Olde English' hospitality with china cups and silverware.
The next biggest bonus for us is that pets are allowed. We only stayed one night but I would have liked to have stayed for longer. We would definately return to the Forest of Dean now that we know about Lea House.
Thank you Caroline !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hollysmum_8, Owner at Lea House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Oooh, you are too kind Caroline. Thanks so much. I hope you can make the journey down this way again very soon and will look forward to seeing you and the dogs.
best wishes, caroline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Caroline managed to fit myself and my four children in for a nights accommodation - Saturday 27th, at extremely short notice. We weren't the easiest of family size to accommodate, so I really appreciated her flexibility in working the rooms to suit us.
We arrived at dusk, and had a friendly introduction to Caroline, and Jelly (the Terrier) whom the children adored. We didn't stay long before we had to dash out to meet friends, but the orders for breakfast were taken when we came down from dropping our bags off.
The children appreciated being given the choice of what they would and wouldn't like on their plates, and I guess it saves on unnecessary waste also.
The rooms were clean, warm & comfortable, and it reminded me of staying at a favourite aunties years ago. If you want a clinical, minimalistic style accommodation, then don't book here - but - if you would like to step into a home from home, cosy guest house with massive exposed beams (allegedly taken from the wreckage of The Armada) wood burner, fireplaces in the bedrooms, an eclectic mix of crockery and nick knacks, then this is for you. The house offers many historical secrets I'm sure, and it would be lovely to know more about it.
I was nervous about taking my children away on my own for the first time, but Caroline made us ALL feel very welcome. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hollysmum_8, Owner at Lea House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
It was a great pleasure to meet you and your lovely children - I am glad you all enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you again.
Rayne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We decided at the last minute to take a few days away...on looking on forest of dean website we came a cross lea house, checking trip adviser with its glowing reviews we thought this was the ideal place! On arrival we were greeted by Carolyn and jelly bean!! We were shown to our room which was delightful we had a family room, it has everything we needed tea, coffee biscuits, toiletries etc! We stayed for two nights which included a delicious breakfast with everything we needed Carolyn was most accommodating to our needs! We found our whole experience of lea house fantastic and Carolyn couldn't if been more helpful with where we wanted to go with the children and places to eat. We would highly recommend it and will look forward to returning!! Thank you for making us so welcome!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello - thanks so much for your lovely review. I can only say that it was a great pleasure to have a family with such nice and well-behaved children to stay. I am glad you enjoyed the trip and hope maybe to see you on another half-term break.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Lea House. Hostess, Caroline was very welcoming and helpful, guiding us to local attractions. Cottage is warm and beautiful, happy with our huge room. Clean and cosy with ample facilty. The bed is super comfy. Very impressed with the lovely surroundings.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KimmieT8
hollysmum_8, Owner at Lea House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
So glad you enjoyed our part of the world - and my lovely new mattresses! Hope you had a wonderful time in London too. Jelly Bean sends love to your 2 Jack Russells - I bet they were glad to see you home.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Lovely accommodation set in lovely surroundings. Caroline is a fantastic host, as is Jelly Bean!! Accommodation was lovely and room was huge. Breakfast was delicious and we were made to feel right at home. We had a fantastic time at Lea House and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the kind words. Jelly and I look forward to meeting up with you again soon.
Nahariya, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We booked directly from Israel and found out a very special place with special care.
The room is very good and you feel that Caroline thought about every detail. It is very very aesthetic!!! Caroline sent us to the pub aside for dinner and it was great. Before we went to bed after a long day Caroline asked what we want for breakfast and made a real effort to prepare us what fit to us. It was very very tasty and again aestheticly served

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I must admit I was a little taken aback to be asked for raw salad stuff for breakfast - that is a first - but I am delighted I was able to give you a spread that you enjoyed! And the Greek yoghurt I serve always seems to be a hit too. I hope the rest of your holiday went well and you found lovely Welsh hills to walk in. Do come over again soon - there is so much more to see.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Second stay in lea house. Again had great time Caroline was extremely welcoming. I felt I was at home, super breakfast, able to use wifi. Had the comforts and welcome of a b&b and the privacy of a hotel. Looking forward to staying again n it is relive to know that I can also take my dog.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So glad I was here this time to be able to meet and chat with you. I do hope the riding instructor exam went well - please let me know. I look forward to your return, for pleasure this time, with your dog.
caroline
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lea
The Royal Hotel
#5 of 40 in Ross-on-Wye
The Bridge House
The Bridge House
#3 of 40 in Ross-on-Wye

Been to Lea House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!