“terrific value”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Porto Cesareo
california
“terrific value”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I am extremely cheap, so when I lash out for a four star hotel I want it to be a very small step short of heaven. There were not angles heralding our arrival but within the limits of the staff's ability they did everything possible to make our stay pleasant. Staff that seemed to actually be glad to see you as opposed to just doing their job is very rare. The room was pleasant, clean comfortable and quiet.
The hotel restaurant was superb. For many years I was a professional fisherman and so it takes a lot to impress me with a fish dinner, but they did.
A pet peeve is an expensive hotel that than charges for everything else. wifi, beach chairs, beech towels etc. There were no additional charges. When there was a problem with Wifi the staff insisted I use the reception computer.
I might add that we are cycle tourists so when we show up at reception we are dirty, tired, stinky and never have a reservation. We are often treated like pond scum. The Falli staff encouraged us to tie up the bike in front of the hotel and after we had cleaned up and rested then we could move it to the locked garage. That is a level of consideration that we have rarely encountered.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
timisoara
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We have stayed in this wonderful hotel for a week, in the 2nd half of september. I organized the trip, looking for a sunny spot in Italy inspite of the late summer. I was afraid that all the myths of the south Italy would come true, but things were very much different. We landed in Brindisi with 2 and a half hours of delay. it was already evening and we were supposed to be picked up by staff from the hotel, to be driven to Porto Cesareo. I was again afraid that they would not wait. But I was wrong. Simone, one of the owener's sons was still waiting. as we arrived to the hotel we met the other son of the owener, but we did not know who he was. He helped with the luggage. so we tipped him. 3 days later we were very embarassed by that as we found out who Gabriele actually was. I take this opportunity to say Sorry :)

We were exhausted, having flown from venice that morning. So we took a shower and went down to dinner. That is when we were introduced to the much appraised Cosimino restaurant. we were convinced from the first course that we would eat every day there. And we did. Excellent fish courses. There is someone who commented here that there's not much to eat if u don't like fish. That is true, but please belive that fish courses are absolutely divine. La coda di rospo, tagliorini alle trille.....e scampi....do not miss the scampi....

At the end of our trip, the nice man who served uus dinner each night gave us as gifts bottles of Otranto olive oil...which was very nice ...I still have a bit in mine....and I sigh everytime I think about those dinners.

Let's get to the beach. Even though we were out of season and not many people were in the hotel, simone took us to the beach everyday with the shuttle service.

we ended up renting a car and we visited Galipolli and Otranto which were wonderful to see and because it is such a narrow piece of land, the heel of italy deserves to be visited extensively by car.

The room: spacious and clean, with a wonderful harbour view
breakfast: not luxorious but plentiful and tasty
lunch....we were never there for lunch.....and we mainly had fruit salad or mozzarella with tomatoes for lunch

dinner: have I said enough? definitely not. I wish I could teleport myself there everyday

staff> extremely friendly and helpful. Simone, thank you for everything.

I would definitely return there but I would only do so in September when fewer people stay there and those who do are mainly locals.Porto Cesareo is rather small and I think that in august or july it is too crowded. I would make sure I had a car available to rent before arriving there and I would stay for a longer period. And I would eat every day coda di rospo and scampi :))))

Grazie a tutti voi del hotel Falli per una vacanza meravigliosa

B, A and O

Go there if you can. You will love it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank bluedeep77
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 26, 2009

We have been here 2 times and we loved it. The front desk staff is very friendly and like to talk and give advices about the area and gave us maps of the Salento.
The bedroom is not very big but it's clean and there is also a beautiful small balcony with a wonderful view (check pics). The bathroom is small with a very small shower box (but this is normal to find a so small shower box in italy).
The breakfast buffet was great too and it was beautiful to breakfast near the windows looking the little port.
We had a car so we paid 5 euro a day for the garage. In this hotel there is no pool but we didn't care because we used to drive away from Porto Cesareo to discover the other towns and beaches. There are tons of wonderful beaches in the north of P.Cesareo and also in the south. Go to Gallipoli if you have the chance!
The hotel is 2 minutes from the main street where you can find restaurants, shops and bars.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank buf04
London
Reviewed May 28, 2008

We came across this town on the instep of the heal of Italy by chance. It's set in an idylic location, over looking a stunning working fishing village. It's a well known holiday destination for the italians but not for anyone else. Ryanair has just started flying to Brindisi and this is an easy 45min car ride. The weather in May is in the late 20's too cold for the Italians but perfect for us brits. Miles of white sandy bays with turquise seas. Lots of ice cream but not really many bars so don't go here if your looking for pubs. The Hotel Falli is the best hotel in the area and you'll find no problem getting a room out of season which is any time other than June July and August. Fantastic views over the bay and wonderful sunsets.

• Liked — The View
  • Disliked — No English television channels or sky
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LondonJennifer