“Nice hotel disappointing town”
Review of HOTEL FALLI

HOTEL FALLI
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Porto Cesareo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is modern, well equipped and friendly, sea view rooms offer a great view over the attractive sea and beyond. Breakfast was good, restaurant lacked atmosphere, food was o.k.
The town itself was disappointing, untidy and tacky, the area seems to be predominately geared towards camping.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulM47

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Me and my girlfriend just spent one week vacation in Puglia and decided to stay in this hotel. The rooms are litterally on the sea and the view west allowed us to enjoy all the sunsets on the sea we desired. Breakfast is rich with everything you want, local cheese and salami, cakes, grate hearted cappuccino prepared directly by the friendly and always ready for chatt Simone. We loved to have a short walk after breackfast on the little port to see what the fishermans chached that day. The Hotel is not only beautiful and homey but is also very central. Within one hour drive you can visit all Salento. Every day we just woked up and decided which beach to go swimming ans sunbath on the peninsula and every night we had a grate walk and dinner either in Lecce, Otranto, Gallipoli, ecc. Even so, the beaches on next to the Hotel are Maldive style. For five euros you can even take a small 10 minutes boat ride to the Conigli Island, just in front of Porto Cesareo, and spend there the day with no one arround but you and the sea. One more thing, fish restaurants in the area are cheap but the food is the best ever, you can't miss it.

Room Tip: Get a room see front
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I chose the Hotel Falli because of previous visits to Porto Cesareo, This was my partners first visit to Porto and we were not disappointed. We were made most welcome by Claudia. We had booked a sea view room and it was very clean, spacious and comfortable. We ate in the Cosimino restaurant and the sea food was what we had dreamed of -- magnificent. The continental breakfast was varied and plentiful. The personal and friendly service of Simon and his staff made sure we had a holiday to remember.

Room Tip: Always book a sea view room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm S
Reviewed June 25, 2012

As a family of 5 (parents, 2 children and an au-pair girl), we have been to the Hotel Falli in Porto Cesareo for a week.
Everything was as we expected and even better.
The amazing view on the small harbor and the island in front of the town was coupled with tidy and clean rooms, perfectly done every day.
Breakfast was more than ok both in terms of quantity, variety of choice and quality (with maybe a small improvement opportunity on the croissanterie but more than compensated from the availability of some local sweets, like the famous pasticciotto leccese). Small remarkable things: eggs served on demand (without any additional cost) in the way you prefer, the waiter that every morning comes with the preferred warm drink for you and the children and the possibility to have a real fresh orange juice (Simone, please don't remove the machine!).
Of course we are not talking about a big luxury resort and you can't expect the same service level. But you will get in change the support and precious advises of the warm and professional Falli family.
Thank you Claudia and Simone for making our stay such a nice experience.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alessandro B
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Made a reservation to a room with a sea view. The view is fantastic, pls see the annexed photo! Service is perfect, the garage was arranged easily; you don't want to compete on the street side parking lots with the locals.

Actually, the very best of the hotel is located downstairs: the Cosimino restaurant. One of the very best seafood restaurants we've ever visited.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I am extremely cheap, so when I lash out for a four star hotel I want it to be a very small step short of heaven. There were not angles heralding our arrival but within the limits of the staff's ability they did everything possible to make our stay pleasant. Staff that seemed to actually be glad to see you as opposed to just doing their job is very rare. The room was pleasant, clean comfortable and quiet.
The hotel restaurant was superb. For many years I was a professional fisherman and so it takes a lot to impress me with a fish dinner, but they did.
A pet peeve is an expensive hotel that than charges for everything else. wifi, beach chairs, beech towels etc. There were no additional charges. When there was a problem with Wifi the staff insisted I use the reception computer.
I might add that we are cycle tourists so when we show up at reception we are dirty, tired, stinky and never have a reservation. We are often treated like pond scum. The Falli staff encouraged us to tie up the bike in front of the hotel and after we had cleaned up and rested then we could move it to the locked garage. That is a level of consideration that we have rarely encountered.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We have stayed in this wonderful hotel for a week, in the 2nd half of september. I organized the trip, looking for a sunny spot in Italy inspite of the late summer. I was afraid that all the myths of the south Italy would come true, but things were very much different. We landed in Brindisi with 2 and a half hours of delay. it was already evening and we were supposed to be picked up by staff from the hotel, to be driven to Porto Cesareo. I was again afraid that they would not wait. But I was wrong. Simone, one of the owener's sons was still waiting. as we arrived to the hotel we met the other son of the owener, but we did not know who he was. He helped with the luggage. so we tipped him. 3 days later we were very embarassed by that as we found out who Gabriele actually was. I take this opportunity to say Sorry :)

We were exhausted, having flown from venice that morning. So we took a shower and went down to dinner. That is when we were introduced to the much appraised Cosimino restaurant. we were convinced from the first course that we would eat every day there. And we did. Excellent fish courses. There is someone who commented here that there's not much to eat if u don't like fish. That is true, but please belive that fish courses are absolutely divine. La coda di rospo, tagliorini alle trille.....e scampi....do not miss the scampi....

At the end of our trip, the nice man who served uus dinner each night gave us as gifts bottles of Otranto olive oil...which was very nice ...I still have a bit in mine....and I sigh everytime I think about those dinners.

Let's get to the beach. Even though we were out of season and not many people were in the hotel, simone took us to the beach everyday with the shuttle service.

we ended up renting a car and we visited Galipolli and Otranto which were wonderful to see and because it is such a narrow piece of land, the heel of italy deserves to be visited extensively by car.

The room: spacious and clean, with a wonderful harbour view
breakfast: not luxorious but plentiful and tasty
lunch....we were never there for lunch.....and we mainly had fruit salad or mozzarella with tomatoes for lunch

dinner: have I said enough? definitely not. I wish I could teleport myself there everyday

staff> extremely friendly and helpful. Simone, thank you for everything.

I would definitely return there but I would only do so in September when fewer people stay there and those who do are mainly locals.Porto Cesareo is rather small and I think that in august or july it is too crowded. I would make sure I had a car available to rent before arriving there and I would stay for a longer period. And I would eat every day coda di rospo and scampi :))))

Grazie a tutti voi del hotel Falli per una vacanza meravigliosa

B, A and O

Go there if you can. You will love it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends