“Raptor Heaven!”

Fallowfields Falconry
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Longworth
More attraction details
Owner description: We have now moved to Millets Falconry Centre (at Millets Farm), just 3 miles away from Fallowfields. This is a much bigger centre which is open to the public with daily demonstrations. Please see our website for more details milletsfarmfalconry
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Had been given a groupon voucher for the 2 hour falconry experience as a Christmas present. Unable to fit in time to use it until this week and so very glad I did before it expired as the experience was truly memorable. Staff friendly, providing hot drinks and biccies which were very welcome on a freezingly cold windy day. The young falconer, Ross I think,made the afternoon interesting with his knowledge and amusing(terrible jokes - "teat owl!" - but had to laugh) and the birds were awesome. He kept us all involved in handling them and his respect for and devotion to them is evident and obviously shows itself in how the birds responded to him and performed even in a howling cold wind. Unfortunately my camera battery died on me so could not take many photos so have a very good reason to make a further visit. well worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Fallowfields Falconry

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have recently been to Fallowfield Falconry for a day or archery and falconry. When we arrived we found we were part of a group of 20 people and my heart dropped, but we were was split into two groups with one doing archery first and the other doing falconry. This actually worked really well. Ross really knew his stuff and passed on a lot of information and the kids really took it all in. The bird were amazing and it was fantastic to see them up close. After lunch we moved over to archery, we were split in two people per target and give instructions as we went along. Again this was great fun with the kids competing to see who could score the most, needless to say I lost!
I would really like to thank everyone for a great day out, we will definately be returning.

2  Thank Hazdb
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went to Fallowfields with my boyfriend, for whom I had bought a Groupon 2-hour experience as a present. I went as a spectator. Though the place can be tricky to find (best to ask at the hotel reception to point you in the right direction) as soon as we arrived we loved the layout of the place and the birds, who were all in beautiful acommodation and looked very happy. We were offered tea and biscuits all the way through our experience and there was plenty of opportunity to ask questions of the lovely staff all the way through. The flying experience, which opposes some of the other comments I see here, was hands on from the start. We got to fly 3 birds and hold 2 others, as well as seeing other birds being flown and in demonstrations.
I think it was very good value and would recommend it to others looking for an affordable, hands-on, friendly falconry centre experience.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I took my husband here as a surprise as part of his 50th birthday celebrations,a lovely friendly welcome awaited us from Sharon and James and all the other staff..we went on a chilly afternoon so the hot drink and biscuits were very much appreciated..we then went and sat in the field where the staff brought out different birds and my husband and the other spectators got hands on time and flew some of the birds..the talk by Ross, which we had about each of the birds was made fun and very interesting and the spectators were involved with questions..so make sure you listen...lol..
The birds that were flown are truely beautiful and the flying was amazing.so impressive...
I would like to say a huge Thank You to Sharon for letting my husband hold Basil the snowy owl,as this bird has a special place in my husbands heart going back to his army days...it really made his birthday so special..
It was a great afternoon out,very informative,very hands on...would love to go again........

1  Thank val m
Reviewed November 25, 2012

A great day with awesome creatures - the birds and the people! They really know there stuff and make you feel completely welcome. Real hands-on experience with birds and bows - unforgettable and we'll be back!

1  Thank Lee_and_Sonya