Big D's Burger Shack
Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Nanton
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My favorite food is hamburgers and consider myself a comasure.
Yesterday I drove from Calgary to Nanton to have lunch at Big D's Burger Shack as I had read reviews and wanted to see if the food was as good as it's reviews.
The hamburger, fries, onion rings and fried pickles were as good or better than I have ever eaten!!! Big D was such a great host and cook!
Will make it a regular trip

1 Thank Llugs

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm a resident of nanton I finally took the time to grab a bite at the burger shack. Food was delicious burger was fantastic. Prices were pretty high I could have went and got all you can eat Chinese for 50 cents more then the price of a 4oz burger with bacon and cheese and the only size order of fries. But there was a generous portion of fries and the burger was beyond expectation so if you don't mind spending a 20 on some delicious food then I would reccomend Big D's Burger shack

Strathmore, Canada
“Hot Dog's Were Ok”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stopped for a quick bite along highway #2 on the northbound side of Nanton. Good location with parking with picnic tables under the trees for shade. The order of two hot dogs took a while to get. The buns and dogs were good, but it was disappointing as only little packets of ketchup, mustard and relish were given out. For the price and hipe, I would have expected cut onions, pickle and tomato on them. They have them right there for the burgers. Guess next time we should order the burger and fries as they did look good!

1 Thank jamb2012
alberta
“Worth the stop”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We usually stop in Nanton on the way back from bc for some play time at the park this time we arrived at supper time and needed to eat. Based on other reviews we tried Big D and were presently surprised. I had a cowboy burger and after two weeks in Nelson this was a true sign we were back in cattle country where the burgers are as big as the sky. We will make this a regular stop in Nanton.

Sparwood, Canada
“Phenomenal!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at Big D's on our way home from a day trip to Calgary after checking Trip Advisor since we were unfamiliar with the area. And are we ever glad we did! Seriously the best burgers and fries we have ever had!! My husband even said he would make a special trip from BC just to have the burger again, and I've never heard him rave about a burger other than the ones he's made himself! The service was also a big plus as they were quick, friendly and made us feel like they truly appreciated our business! I have never seen so much food disappear so quickly, and even our two teen daughters made short work of their burgers and delicious poutine! We will be back and highly recommend Big D's!

• Visited July 2013