“a wonderful place to stay!”

Alojamiento Vina y Rosales
Ranked #2 of 2 Mairena B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a delightful and restful week in this beautifully restored and peaceful villa. This place undoubtedly has the best food in Mairena, cooked with an eco-friendly approach. The meals draw on the veg and salad grown in the garden. We relaxed in the lovely garden, enjoying beautiful views across the valley, and benefiting from attentive hosts. We particularly enjoyed the open fire on the patio in the evenings, and drinking from the natural spring in the villa grounds. There are lovely walks right out of the front door.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 587belushi587

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I took my partner to Vina y Rosales in December 2012 to show him the incredibly special place that left such an impression on me when I stumbled across it 6 years previously. The first time I met Marjet and Raul, I was on a solo hiking trip around the Sierra Nevada in 2006, and was recommended to stay there by a man with a donkey I met in the village adjacent. It all sounds like an old fable and that is exactly how it felt when I arrived at their door, heavy back pack weighiong me down, dug out the scrap of paper to check I had the right address and lifted the heavy knocker. I was met with a huge smile and a great cup of coffee, given a choice of rooms, and led around the vibrant kitchen garden to choose which vegetables I would like for me dinner.

The warmth and relaxed attitude of these wonderful people made me vow to return one day, and when eventually I met the right person to share this special place with, we went back. My partner fell in love with the people and place just as I had, and we enjoyed a relaxed evening around the dinner table with wine and excellent food, catching up on the last 6 years.

If an out the way, out of the ordinary experience is what you are looking for, then I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I look forward to going back time and again for some stolen moments of peace and tranquility. Thank you Marjet and Raul :-)

Room Tip: They're all great and unique!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Langemeisje
Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a perfect place to stay - so welcoming, relaxed, comfortable and friendly and the food, often sourced from their own garden, is absolutely delicious. We couldn't fault it, and the location, a historic house in the centre of a beautiful mountain village, is amazing. We can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We three (husband,wife and friend) stayed here for 3 nights in May 2012. The food, hospitality of our hosts, the gardens, the historic renovated old home, the lovely mountain setting-- nothing could have been improved upon. A hike to the village below us on a Sunday to see the town's major weekly market was an unexpected delight. Our rooms were spaciious, quiet, artful and with beautiful views. Given more time on our itinerary we would have all voted to stay here longer and explore the region more fully. This was an authentic Spanish hamlet, not a tourist town.

Room Tip: All rooms equally good, private and quiet; excellent, unusual two story unit for a family made parti...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2012

If you want to visit an old Spanish White Town without the madness of a lot of people; if you want to enjoy the hospitality and charm of a small town; Vina y Rosa is the place to stay. This casa rural was artistic and unique. It is an authentically refurbished histoic Spanish home that offers beautiful, comfortable, relaxing, and quiet accommodations. The gardens are so expertly done and enjoyable. Marjet and Raul were two of the most delightful people we met on our travel vacation in Spain. Marjet is as excellent a chef as she is a hostess. Both she and Raul (who has a great sense of humor) made our stay and travel around the area a big success. We felt as if we were in our own home and that we were family. We only wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The rooms are excellent -- all beautiful, comfortable, and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed just one night at Vina y Rosales, but Marjet and Raul made us really welcome, it was just like staying with friends. The decor is really wonderful in the house and the garden is just spectacular and a great place to while away a few quiet hours.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2011

At the beginning of October 2011 we stayed for three days at this bed and breakfast in the Alpujarras. It was a super time with some very nice hiking through the mountains & small villages. And with excellent cooking of Marjet, served on the terras. Next time we hope we can take one of the dogs for a walk and have more time for drinks at bar de Juan!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mairena
Hotel GHM Monachil
Apartamentos Boabdil
Apartamentos Boabdil
#1 of 11 in Nevada
Casa Rural Las Chimeneas

Been to Alojamiento Vina y Rosales? Share your experiences!