“Fantastic, Fun, Friendly”

Jungle Cat World Wildlife Park
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Orono
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1983, Jungle Cat World Wildlife Park has been offering visitors the unique opportunity to see and experience wild species, many threatened with extinction, in an up-close and personal environment. Professional staff are readily available and always eager to share their knowledge and enthusiasm. Accredited by Canada's Accredited Zoos and Aquariums - Aquariums et Zoos Accredites du Canada (CAZA/AZAC), which represents the leading zoological parks and aquariums in Canada. CAZA/AZAC promotes the welfare of, and encourages the advancement and improvement of, zoological parks, aquariums and related animal exhibits in Canada as humane agencies of recreation, education, conservation, and science.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just spent the day at Jungle Cat World. Four adults celebrating two birthdays. Was FANTASTIC. Was soooo much fun, informative, interesting and the Staff are fantastic. We did the Behind the Scenes and I definitely recommend that if you can. Beth was our Guide and she was GREAT. Very friendly, full of knowledge and fun. Ashlee is the Office Manager and we booked through her her and she too is fantastic. Everyone we met was friendly, the animals are very well taken care of, large running areas for them. Some animals had the "lay of the land". This place is great for kids of all ages - from a little kid to us big kids!! We will go back for sure. We can't stop talking about how much fun we had! Even if you don't to Behind the Scene, it's still a great outing. Pack a picnic lunch (lots of tables right on site). Just a fun, perfect day!! Thanks to everyone that puts forth their efforts, but special thanks Ashlee, Beth, Rob who was best friends with the Snow Leopards - what a lovely sight to see and Candice for showing us how they feed Vonda!! A place not to be missed!!!

All reviews
"once in a lifetime"
"amazing animals"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I went to jungle cat world in a hot and humid day the animals looked all very hot and in need of shade. What I thought was most appalling was the cages themselves, they were filled with feces and overgrown grass(if you could call it grass) I was looking at the wolves and all I saw was skin and bones. Please feed your animals more because they are looking ruff. All through our vist the was none to be seen I.e staff. I don't know if the whole experience changes if there is actual staff around but I will not be coming back. I hope they improve on basically everything. + toilets need fixing

2  Thank Oppoop
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I did the behind the scenes tour and we absolutely loved it. We got to interact with the wolf pup, kangaroo, African serval and the hyenas. I had a preconceived notion of the hyenas and didn't think I'd like them but they turned out to be my favourite. Beautiful faces and very gentle and interactive. Our tour guide was so knowledgable and wonderful with the animals. Best experience ever for those who love animals. A must visit !!!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went to Jungle Cat World yesterday and it really was amazing. I forget our guides name but she was great, patient with the kids and very knowledgeable. If you do the Behind the Scenes tour (you HAVE to!) do NOT miss the lemurs, they're the best!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My fiancé and I just did our engagement photo's at Jungle Cat World with the "behind the scenes" package and the entire experience was top notch! Our guide was Carl who 's the head trainer and he was unbelievable. He was able to get the animals to do incredible things and really seemed to care about helping us get the best shots and experience possible. He was very knowledgeable about all the animals and history of the sanctuary, and even brought us to show extra animals we hadn't signed up for. I would highly suggest the behind the scenes package with Carl, whether it be for engagement shots, family outings or just a group of friends, you will not be disappointed! Overall the staff were extremely friendly and professional and made the whole day an amazing experience. Thanks Carl and everyone at Jungle Cat World!