“Pretty, friendly - idyllic really”
Review of Hotel Zubieta

Hotel Zubieta
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lekeitio
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a glorious hotel, pretty, small and personal. The bar is friendly and serves lovely tapas twice a day and coffee and drinks throughout the day. The sitting room and terrace were very pretty and we spent alot of the day sitting out in the sun, or enjoying drinks at night. The staff are the best thing about the hotel as they were unfailingly friendly and helpful. The hotel and its lovely gardens is small and quiet and feels like an oasis as it is just off a town square and the walk down into the harbour, bars and restaurants is easy. We were a mixed family party with less abled parents and the hotel suited them very well too. I highly recommend it to you.

Room Tip: some rooms are over the terrace which have a lovely view over the gardens and valley but might be a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise H

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here 3rd & 4th Sep 2012. Lovely setting and fantastic service from all staff including calling us to say we had left passports, money etc in safe beffore we had driven too far. Town, beach & harbour (with great local bars especially the organic one just as you enter harbour area) just 5 mins walk. Also a superb restaurant 200yds the other way from hotel out of town. Breakfast was excellent and there is a very well appointed bar.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper would recommend you ask for a room away from the small lift and stairwell...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a lovely peaceful hotel, on the edge of the town of Lekeitio, yet just a ten minute stroll to the harbourside. The staff are friendly and the setting is beautiful. The rooms are a little 'old style' and because of this, it feels a bit over-priced. We stayed one night and it was a brilliant place for a stop-over.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank genista082
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed there only one night, but wish we could more. We were in room 203, such a cute one with a different style. There was no A/C, and it was not necessary but we had a fan we used whole night. The bathroom was well lighted and airy, but the windows of the room were a bit small. The bed was comfortable, and we had a good sleep that night. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I did not like was the breakfast, because it was not included in the price. I would like to have my breakfast in that lovely café in the morning. I did not want to pay extra for the breakfast, because I am vegan and I hardly find something to eat in the hotels.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melikes
Reviewed August 20, 2012

In August 2012, I went with my family to a very nice city at the Basque coast, called Lekeitio.
I think we took the best hotel! A nice garden with a beautiful terrace, a remarkably friendly service, a wonderful old house, ...
The breakfeast was the best, we've eat in Spain!
Only one downside: the breakfeast cost 10€, and I think that's a bit much, even though it was very extensive.

So all in all a good hotel. A bit on the expensive side, but with an excellent location and friendly service. A must!

Room Tip: Take a room with a view on the nice garden The rooms on the 2nd floor have less windows
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mieleke c
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent 3 days in this beautiful hotel,made from a old house in the countryside The reception personal is very kind and is english spoken. The hotel is very close to the beach of Lekeitio. Good quality/price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Minny62
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Although this hotel appears to be nice, you musn't trust it.
My Thomas Sabo bracelet got stolen from the room. I went to the beach therefore did not wear it and last time I checked the bracelet did not walk.
What's worse the hotel did not offer anything to apologize for the terrible time I had as this bracelet was of extreme sentimental value to me.
If you choose to stay at this hotel make sure to use the safe. There might be a slight issue with that as 2 of the 3 rooms we booked did not have a working safe! Terribly managed situation.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ZenaidaSolano, Gerente at Hotel Zubieta, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Sir,

In 15th years that the hotel is open we have never have any acusation of stolen anything before. I trust absolutly in our staff: the most part of it is working in my hotel from many years, and I can tell without no doubt that no one of my staff has stolen your dauther bracelet.
As I told you when you were still in the hotel, I am very sorry for it: we look for it all arround the room, and it was not there. We are sure that she had lost it in another place, therefore we can not make anything about it.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lekeitio
Hotel Villa Itsaso
Hotel Gametxo
#1 of 2 in Ibarrangelu
Aisia Zita Hotel Emperatriz
Hotel Palacio Urgoiti

Been to Hotel Zubieta? Share your experiences!