“Amazing restaurant”
Review of Capricho De Baco

Capricho De Baco
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Laguardia
Reviewed October 18, 2016

We went to celebrate my birthday and was a complete success the choice of this restaurant. The menu is a perfect mix between nouvelle cousine and the traditional one, with dishes with a lot of tradition as for example the beans or carrilleras, but with an elegant look and flavor. Everything we ate was incredible. Maybe the best choice was the Merluza. Please, I strongly recommend you to leave some space in the stomach for the desserts!! The Goxua and the Cheesecake are simply perfect....
Just to say something they can improve is the wine... is a pity as La Rioja red wine is for me one of the best in the world, but in this case the wine was the worst part of the meal.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

We called in here for a couple of drinks and sat at the bar- we noticed that locals were given a free tapas of nuts or crisps but we were given nothing. The waiter was quite offhand and when I checked my bill later I found I had been overcharged. I think there are better bars to go to!

Reviewed September 16, 2016

Laguardia is a lovely little walled town to explore and afterwards if the weather is nice you could grab an outside table at Capricho de Baco and watch the world go by in this pretty part of the world.

On the day I was there, the menu de dia was 14 euro each which included our wine and water and was very good. My starter was called brick which was basically morcilla in a light filo pastry and I really liked it, it was different and if you like black pudding you would love it. The other starter was the mormitako de bonito which was a sort of soup with potato and tuna and although it very nice, it was very filing.

Main course of confit de pato / duck confit was equally good, the duck was tender, pink and served up with some potato and just enough after the big starter. There was also other choices which all sounded good. For desert I had the poached pear which was light, refreshing and it looked good too, very tastefully presented. Service was good and the staff spoke some English in case you were stuck with the menu.

If you are coming by car and there are no spaces near the town walls you can park down below on the ring road and there is a lift which brings you up to the town ! The town is quaint and if you are in the area it is definitely worth a stop for a visit.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Visited here with my wife last night. Pulpo was fantastic and cooked perfectly, "ham, egg & chips" we're amazing and the foie was something else. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the wine and service were excellent and very attentive. Definitely recommend to anyone visiting Laguardia

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Stopped for lunch upon arrival to Laguardia and we were very impressed with the set lunch menu-some of the best value for money that we have had during our tour of northern Spain. Returned for dinner the following night and once again highly impressed with the food and wine. Staff spoke very good English and were very helpful with their recommendations for delicious courses and accompanying wine. Would definitely recommend a visit! Look forward to coming back!