All reviews hot tub neptune room tiled bathroom real castle castle tower public lot treated like royalty steps leading king and queen large bedroom a short walking distance la guardia bottle of wine your luggage spectacular views breakfast included medieval town
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel. Fantastic location in a great old town. You can walk to basically everything. Did some great winery tours within a 10 minute drive. The castle is very well kept and my room was spacious with great views of the vineyards. Most of all, I need to give special mention of Virginia....she was a great host and very helpful with all of our arrangements. As stated in many other reviews, parking and getting your luggage to your room takes a little effort...but well worth it!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

I was in Spain for 12 days and stayed in 8 hotels. By far, this was the coolest one. It is a castle that was built (they think) in the 12th century.

There is a tower that you can climb up and see an amazing 360 degree view of the amazing scenery.

The people working here are all so kind and welcoming. The room was massive and completely charming.

There are two restaurants and we had a good (but not amazing) dinner at one of them.

If I could live in this hotel room, I would. Amazing place. And the town of Laguardia will be in my heart forever. Just a gem.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

What a stunning hotel. Greeted by the most fabulous receptionist who was so happy to greet us and our dog even though we only stayed 1 night. Our room was breathtaking. Room 6 with dual aspect windows and views over the vineyards and bodegas which went on for miles. The room hosted a fabulous bed, wooden flooring, fireplace, stunning sunken bath in heated tile floor bathroom. Actually brought a tear to my eye. We were shown the tower to which you see a stunning view of la guardia. 5 mins walking distance to village which has tapas bars and fabulista bodega to visit. Restaurant under the hotel reception also happy to welcome our dog. Beautiful grounds all behind the castle tree lined lawns. Car parking available 5 mins down the road. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nataliel1978
Reviewed February 22, 2017

The hotel is in a great location at the top of this pretty walled town. The staff are very friendly and helpful, organising a wine tour for us before we arrived. The (free) car park is a short walk away with a few steps, and the whole town is accessible by foot.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2017

I never thought I would stay in a hotel that are allowed dogs. I was always worried the rooms will have a strong dog smell. This place far from it, I have a small dog and this time I had nobody to leave him with. So here we went, my sons, husband and the dog!!! Great place, Virginia helped us to get a place to dine for New Years. Laguardia was absolutely beautiful, a medieval Town surrounded by vineyards, do not miss the town nor this great hotel. Less than 20 rooms, has no overnight service but you really don't need anything. With a tower to see the gorgeous view around the village. Thank you Ana and Virginia for being so kind and helpful.

Room tip: For three or four the room number 2 has two double beds.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank SamarH78
CastilloElCollado, Director de Recepción at Hotel Castillo El Collado, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2017

My dear Samar,
Thank you so so so much for your words....it has been a really pleasure for me to help you in everything ... this is the best part of our job.. find people like you.... you have your own house in our particular toscana..... always... Xoxoxoxo