“Pleasant”

Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Horgen
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Liebe Gaste und Freunde! Vom 15. Februar bis 28. Februar 2018 bleibt das Seerestaurant L'O fur Betriebsferien geschlossen. Ab 1. Marz 2018 sind wir wieder fur Sie da! Wir freuen uns auf Ihren Besuch!
Reviewed August 27, 2017

Nice sitting out for a coffee & snacks just on the Zurich lake! In sunny days the view is splendid. As the local climate is not so dry, however, the place is well set with rain cover - that doubles as shade when the sun is too strong. Good service, fine coffee.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Restaurant very expensive.
Food was not at high level. Price is not justified.
The view is however amazing on the lake.
Good to just have a drink

1  Thank andreasY6095UO
Reviewed August 1, 2017

This really cool place is located on a dock at Horgen which is in the outskirts of Zurich, it's a very relaxed but elegant atmosphere. I went for Brunch and the menu is basically your typical Swiss dishes and some other options (I do know at night they have a very famous Swiss Chef with a different menu). I ordered the burger which was OK but I think they could have done way better. Overall it was a great experience, the service was excellent and the place is beautiful I highly recommend it but more for the place than the food.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went for a lovely dinner here after not having been for quite some time. We were not disappointed. The ambience in the restaurant was modern romance. We started out with an apero on the terrace before moving into the restaurant itself. The new chef, Christian Geisler, has a hand for subtly mixing different flavors and creating masterpieces. We decided to go for a surprise menu (4 course). Each course was a delight (we had tuna and salmon as starters, steak as main and a fruity dessert), as were the small greetings from the kitchen that accompanied the dinner, such as basil sorbet. The waiter, Marco, also understood to accompany each course with a fitting glas of wine. Service in general was very good. We had a wonderful experience and will definitely come back in the near future. I do want to comment on some of the negative comments here. While I understand some of the comments here on prices and portion sizes, I would want to ask the people what they expected. This is a high end restaurant and the chef well known for his culinary delights. If you are looking for quantity rather than quality you should go to other restaurants - there are plenty of those around. The L'O on the other hand, shows that it wants to be unique and it my opinion, currently, it has achieved this goal. I hope it can keep up the quality going forward.

1  Thank WoroJ
Reviewed July 21, 2017

We organized a birthday outing at L'O and from the first contact, I was very impressed by the professionalism on display. Upon sending an email inquiring into reservations, I was contacted by the owner personally who helped me set everything up.

Upon our arrival everything was taken care of.
The food was excellent, the view amazing and the service attentive and friendly.

I definitely plan on going back.