“A birthday to remember”

Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Horgen
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Liebe Gaste und Freunde! Vom 15. Februar bis 28. Februar 2018 bleibt das Seerestaurant L'O fur Betriebsferien geschlossen. Ab 1. Marz 2018 sind wir wieder fur Sie da! Wir freuen uns auf Ihren Besuch!
Reviewed July 21, 2017

We organized a birthday outing at L'O and from the first contact, I was very impressed by the professionalism on display. Upon sending an email inquiring into reservations, I was contacted by the owner personally who helped me set everything up.

Upon our arrival everything was taken care of.
The food was excellent, the view amazing and the service attentive and friendly.

I definitely plan on going back.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

I'm a somewhat regular customer to Seerestaurant L'o. During the past five years I have visited this beautifully located restaurant for romantic dinners with my husband as well as enjoyable get-togethers with friends numerous times. Mostly because of the good location, fantastic view and lovely service. No complaints, never. Always felt appreciated as a customer and my expectation were fullfilled each and every visit.

Yesterday was my first visit after the remodelling of the restaurant, and I found it hard to believe that we were in the same restaurant. Of course the setting had not changed that much, but I had never seen any of the satff members before, and the welcome we got was most arrogant The new concept of the restaurant was not explained and as they do not have menu cards anymore, we were led to believe that the only choice was to eat the four course surprise menu. I generally like the idea of a surprise menu, but aîf the price of the menu is also a "surprise" as well as the prices for drinks, it just did not seem right. Perhaps they aim for customers with deep pockets, but still as a customer I would appreciate to have an idea what I will be paying at the end.

Also the waiter was practically pushing us to order wine. After our aperitives we received some white wine that he was recommending with the first course, but we did not order. That was not a big deal, because two of us would have ordered a glass of white anyways, but the thirs person in our party was driving, and made it very clear that she would not be drinking. Despite the fact tha she made this very clear, a small glass was served to her as well. With the main course I ordered a glass of red. The two others stated quite clearly that they do not want any more wine. Still two glasses were brought to the table. We told the waiter that we only ordered one glass and he promised to take the extra glass away. He never did. At the end these wines we did not order nor drink were on the bill. And at first the waiter tried to even argue about our complaint. And he was not happy at all that we actually wanted to check the bill. Finally he corrected the bill check and appologized. But that appology came a bit too late. Unfortunately. We really felt as if he was trying to trick us to paying for things we did not order or consume.

The food was excellent, especially the first course and the main course. But as the whole evening got started in a bad way, and the waiter really somehow made us feel dumpb and ignorant, it sort off prevented us from enjoying the meal, which truly was fantastic. And points for giving a great diningexperience also for my friend who can not eat glutein. to The price of 123chf for the menu was slightly high in my opinion, but as all the four courses offered surprising and exciting flavor combinations, I would not complain about the pricing too much. It is a high end restaurant after all. But the service certainly did not meet our expectations, or the old L'o standards. Which is a shame, as L'o has been one of our favorites in the whole Zürich area. Now I honestly do not know if I want to go back. And unfortunately many of our friend who have visited the restaurant after the re-opening, feel the same way.

Change is always good, and a lot of times even welcome. But when the change is for the worst, then I would question, was it the right decision?!

1  Thank Annina L
Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

As it says in the title. I wouldn't bother with this arrogant place again. It is horribly overpriced especially if you order wine.

1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed May 12, 2017

Friendly service , very nice terrace on the lakeside to sit outside ... good wine selection and nice menu

Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

Lovely restaurant right at the lake. Fantastic wine card and good menu. Friendly and efficient service. Very nice atmosphere. Good for romantic dinner

1  Thank CriticallyMe