“Great Fishing, Great Location, Great Owners, Great Staff”
Review of Manotak Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perrault Falls
Manotak Lodge
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A buddy and I have been fishing at Manotak Lodge for over 5 years. We have added a second week to our stay due to our total enjoyment of this lodge. We use the American Plan that is offered, and our accomodations are in rustic log cabins with a view of the lake. The meals are excellent, the staff goes the extra mile to ensure that you are having a good time. Dave and Linda, the owners are always working on how to make your vacation better. It is difficult to make a great fishing experience better, but they try. Dave is always at the dock at 7:00am to give you pointers, or directions to the latest hot spots. He is back at the dock when you return from your fishing to find out how well you did, where you caught the fish, and what you used to catch them. He imparts this information back to everyone the next morning to help everyone along.
When you arrive at Manotak as a guest, and get introduced to Dave, Linda and the staff, you become a friend. Perrault Lake has a great fishery for Northerns, Walleye, Smallmouth Bass, Perch, and Muskies, with many trophies caught each year. There is also another "walk-in" lake that Dave offers that is exceptional for Walleye and Northerns. Most people catch a minimum of 35 to 40 and more fish in a single trip.
This year they have set up webcams, so that the lakefront view, and dock view can be enjoyed before you arrive, and after you get home.
Manotak is located in the pristene far northwestern area of Ontario. It may be a long drive to get there, but it is well worth the trip. I have met guests from all areas of the U. S. - Alabama, Arizona, Illinois, Wisconsin, Arkansas, Virginia, Texas, and California. Almost all of them are repeat guests, some for over 30 years.
The dock guys, Earl and Kenny are always at the ready when you want to go out fishing to help you slide the boat into the water, and when you return to fillet and package your fish for you.
The boats are in top notch condition. We use an upgraded boat that is extra comfortable, and very stable.
I have fished in several areas of Ontario, but since trying Manotak 5 years ago, it is the only place I will fish.

3  Thank Tony B

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My fiance and I recently came back from our 4th year at Manotak and one word to sum it all up is AWESOME. We serched long and hard to pick the perfect lodge in fact the day we decided on Manotak we spent 6 hours at the All Canada Show and in the end here we are, I have been to other lodges in Canada and let me tell you they dont compare to this one. It is just awesome to wake up in the morning and either make you own breakfast in one of the awesome cabins that are all set up with everything you could need or if you want to enjoy one of there fabulous breakfasts they have to offer.Then you simply walk down to your awesome 18ft Lund with a 50hp Yamaha 4 stroke with power trim get some bait from one of the BEST dock hands in Canada and head out on the lake. The fishing is great, it doesn't matter what time of the day it is there is always something to catch if Walleye shut down in mid day then its on to Northern, Perch or Bass and let me tell you there is no shortage of any of them. You just have to adapt to them and its on. Then after a day of fishing you come back to the dock and talk to old friends or make some new ones while the dock guys (AKA Earl) clean your fish and let me tell you that after a full day on the lake nothing beats letting someone else clean your fish while you relax. Manotak's owners Dave and Linda are the bests hosts and friends anyone could ask for they help you with just about anything. So if you are looking for a good all around place to go this is one of the best.

1  Thank Dan E
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Driving back home from Manotak Lodge gave us plenty of time to talk about the great time we experienced there. After sharing an annual vacation with friends at different lodges we decided to try another lodge and found Manotak Lodge. What a great find. As you first drive in you see the rustic cabins scattered about the pines and the Lodge itself. When you walk into the Lodge where meals are served and guests can relax and socialize in, you take in the rustic log craftsmanship that makes this place a true up north experience. All these buildings overlook the beautiful Perrault lake and probably the most unique dock area. We were greeted by Dave and Linda who made you feel welcomed and relaxed after the long worthwhile drive there. Great boats, great sharing of lake and fishing information from owners, staff and other guests. Very friendly atmosphere. Never have I been treated so well at a lodge. The dock guys, Earl and Kenny, are the best. From helping ready your boat for the day, greeting you at the dock when you return from fishing, to filleting and packaging fish, or just having a chat, these guys are top notch. We came for fishing and if we were lucky we were here for catching also. We did catch and we caught a few large ones especially the 33 inch walleye by Cindy. We caught and released a bunch of nice size walleyes and northerns. We caught jumbo perch which was a first for us. We had several fish fries in the evening and also fish for breakfasts on several mornings. Took home more than enough walleyes, northerns and perch for us. This is the best place our friends and us have found and enjoyed it so much we don't think we need to look any further for our annual fishing destination and have re-booked for 2013.
thanks Dave and Linda,
Paul and Cindy

Reviewed August 28, 2012

For the last 7 years, we have partnered with another couple and gone to a fishing camp north of Thunder Bay, and decided, after looking around to give Manotak Lodge a go......I'm a travel agent, and have also been in the hotel business for the last 20 years. I am thrilled to report our experience was beyond compare...Dave and Linda, the owners - not only extend all the amenities, but go out of their way to make sure each and every guest is happy. Believe me, in this this era of bottom line counts, all of the hospitality iindustry could take a lesson from them!!!
Their staff is happy too, and it shows~ the weather was great - almost too great for the fish, but we are already planning next year's trip.......Don't hesitate to book this great lodge, and especially if you are new to fishing trips...they are the perfect choice!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ChrisC253
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I just returned from yet another fabulous vacaton at Manotak Lodge. Dave and Linda have a great staff in place to satisfy our every need. The fishing fluctuated with the weather as one would expect, yet ranged from good to fantastic at all times. It was fun to meet up again with our long time friends and make new friends. The family-friendly atmosphere of the Lodge was clearly evindent by the number of couples and families with children. It was great seeing young people with a heart-felt passion for the outdoors. I'm anxiously awaiting my autumn trip to the Lodge in September. Seven weeks of fishing each year at the Lodge seems to be working just fine!

Room Tip: Carefully think about what you expect from a Lodge in order to have a vacation that will please you...