Craigiebield House Hotel
Dalhousie Castle(Bonnyrigg)
$227
$217
  • Restaurant
The Lane Boutique Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Bar/Lounge
Courtyard Edinburgh West(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$100
Courtyard
$44
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Have just had lunch at the Craigiebield Hotel today with my husband and 6 year old. The staff were attentive, restaurant clean and welcoming and the menu good. It has changed hands recently and so the menu is new. The kids menu was good and good value with plenty of healthy choice that didnt come "with chips". Staff gave us paper and colouring in pencils for kiddie-entertainment. Husbands fish (with chips!) was excellent as was my home-made soup with what seemed like home-made bread. Friendly, good value and will return as we live fairly nearby.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2009

On booking our room we chose an Executive double but on arriving it was not executive cleanliness, there were cobwebs everywhere, dirt ingrained round the bath and shower head, hairs in the bath drain holes. Wall round the toilet was filthy. Curtains in the room were faded with the sun, the pelmet was hanging off the curtain rail, windows were in need of a good clean. Would not recommend this hotel for staying in. The best part was the bar meals which were excellent.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizzie62
Reviewed April 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Criagiebield House as a part of our honeymoon and it was a wonderful experience! The staff, particularly Sue and Ross, made our stay warm and friendly, in addition to the completely cozy feel of the charming old house.

The food was supurb, they employ a world class chef obviously, and the couple of small details about our room that needed adjusting were taken care of quickly with little fuss and much apology.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to KNOW Scotland, not just look at it from the outside.

Judith

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2009

During my stay at THE CRAIGIEBIELD HOTEL in November 2008, I felt this hotel was in poor condition, run down and dirty with cob-webs, and chipped paint across the room floors from the ceiling. I had to request my room be switched because the first one was too gross to sleep in.

Initially, I brought the problem to the attention of Deborah Harris, the hotel manager, and she was going to inquire with Martin Calder, an Area Director of Oxford Hotels, but I neither received another response after Deborah's December 2nd email, nor a response from my December 16th follow-up email.

Of the three levels of management I went to within Oxford Hotels, no one responded or followed-up. With that, I will not stay at the Craigiebield Hotel, nor will I stay at a Oxford branded hotel either.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Kbrady1018
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Some aspects of this hotel are nice but for the price it is very lacking in ammenities for what you might expect. The room was lovely-- booked a 'superior' room and was given room 2. My main issues with this hotel:
Music played well into the night kept me awake
No reading light and overhead light was not enough
A cheap TV missing controls and very few channels to choose from also poor quality
Jacuzzi tub didn't work.
That said, it was a lovely room with a fantastic view and big bathroom. Stayed at the hotel for an event nearby and the location is good. Breakfast was fine and if I had to stay there again, I would bring my own shampoo and conditioners, etc. Ask for a lamp you will need it! Also, inquire about the noise because room 2 must be right over the event hall.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)