“The Evasive Falconry Uk Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Falconry UK

Falconry UK
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Tonypandy
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Falconry Educational Centre offering Bird of Prey Experiences. We also offer Bird of Prey Static & Flying Displays on site.
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The Evasive Falconry Uk Experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Beware anyone thinking of doing business with this unprofessional business especially via a group on deal ! I booked a ' surprise' session costing me £60 for my husbands birthday in 2011. I sent off my cheque and communication was OK until they received the cheque an had cashed it, then all went quiet. I had been given a date for my husband's Falconry experience but no further confirmation or communication or exact location and time details.Nearer the due date I phoned and spoke to a lady that told me the day wouldn't be going ahead due to a family bereavement, which I accepted at the time. I was assured they would be in touch to rearrange a date. After more than 6 weeks this didn't happen. after a few more weeks, I phoned again and again and received excuses after excuse. Months on they were still unable to give me a date and eventually I asked for my money back as they weren't able to supply a date. The cheque's in the post ! of course I never received it and when I phoned to chase up I never got a straight and truthful answer nor my money refunded. So please be careful if you're thinking of doing business with this company.

Visited August 2011
9 Thank GVaatstra

Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fabulous day”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have been fascinated by birds of prey for many years and my son and daughter in law bought me a hawk experience for my birthday. I went along with my husband and had the most wonderful two and a half hours possible. I was privileged to have countless birds sitting on my hand, from an owl weighing an ounce to a huge steppes eagle giving me the beady eye. I even fed a new arrival, an African vulture called George. Throughout the experience Jason gave me so much information about the birds. Birds he so obviously loves, and they love him.My husband took photos and was offered the chance to hold the birds.I didn't know what to expect and being in a back garden was a surprise, but my goodness the variety of birds and it being a one to one experience far exceeded my expectations. I went home smiling and every time I recall that morning I smile again. I had held my favourite bird - a kestrel. what more can i say.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Lucy B
Bristol
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fantastic experience”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

After seeing Falconry UK at a nearby show, I bought a private experience for myself and my husband and it was by far one of the best things we have ever done.
The birds they have I have never seen anywhere else in the UK and I have been to many Birds of prey Centres over the years,and you can see the owner Jason loves the birds and they love him.We flew a barn owl,harris hawk and a russian steppe eagle and then fed a vulture!! and held over 10 birds as well it truly was amazing.Having read the reviews below I noticed there all groupon customers who couldnt get booked in so they never even saw the birds so how they can comment on the birds welfare seems a bit strange!! All I can go on is our experience and we truly loved it,thank you for a great day.

Visited May 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Public Beware! Absolutely Rubbish!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I had tickets bought for me through Groupon as a graduation present in 2011.
When I emailed Falconry UK to arrange a date to visit, they kept on messing me around informing me that they were fully booked on the weekends. I took time off from work to make it mid week, however the owner (bad attitude) couldn’t arrange a suitable time for me. Excuse the saying ‘but they couldn’t organise p..s up in a brewery. I eventually rang trading standards as I was concerned about the welfare of birds, however they were absolutely useless and didn’t really do anything. I later found out that Groupon had ceased their involvement with Falconry UK as so many customers had complained. The owners are a husband and wife who have no customer care and do not give customers a refund when they are entitled to it. Avoid booking into Falconry Uk at all cost as you will never end up going or ever receive a refund. I am totally astonished how this so called event is still continuing to run with so many complaints. Trip advisor please do something you are our last hope!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Emma T
cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where Can I Get A Refund???”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Bought this as a birthday gift on Groupon for my dad. After numerous last minute cancellations by the "falconers" (they never contacted my dad - he had to find out by travelling there!), it was apparent this experience was never going to happen! To add insult to injury, they were unwilling to offer any sort of refund, even though the dates were cancelled by them!!
STAY WELL CLEAR, WE FEEL RIPPED OFF!!!

Visited November 2011